Boracay Island Favorite Tips by syllybabe Top 5 Page for this destination
Boracay Island Favorites: 78 reviews and 101 photos
Favorite thing: If the sun's high up, find a cabana and keep the harmful noontime rays out.
I usually go out to enjoy the breeze anyway...read a book...order a cold drink...
Favorite thing: Another day...another sunset...
It's such a waste to be there and not take the time to soak up the remaining rays of the sun before you welcome the night for another dose of partying. It may come everyday but it somehow looks and feels different each time...
Favorite thing: Most people avoid Boracay during the rainy months but I've discovered that this is probably one of the best times to go if you're looking for real chill time.
Even when it rains a lot, rare are the days when you don't get any sun.
This photo was taken right after really heavy rain last August before they came to clean the beach...still beautiful...and look...the sun's out! :-)
Fondest memory: Walking in the rain on the beach...no experience quite like it!
Favorite thing: Some days are a bit cloudy but you can still enjoy sitting outside, watching the waves and listening to the sound of the sea.
View from the hills
Favorite thing: Hike up some trails that no tourists have tread before and you'll find places in higher elevations that offer a fantastic view of the blue water, the mountains in the distance and the green of the jungle around you.
Pizza and margaritas on the beach
Favorite thing: When the weather is great, such as the one we had the first week of March one time, you will most likely end up with a night so clear that the sky will be like a dome above you with the stars and the moon twinkling brightly.
We pulled SeaWind's lounge chairs that look like hammocks close to the water's edge and took turns sharing secrets never before revealed. Hmm...must have been the effect of the moon?
Fondest memory: Getting out of the bar away from the noise to quietly enjoy our pizza and margaritas...
Favorite thing: Waking up in the morning to the sound of the waves is always something to look forward to in Boracay.
In July, when it rains a lot, you may wake up to what may look like a dark, dreary day but be patient and wait a couple of hours and you'll get clear blue skies again.
Favorite thing: Sandcastles and other sand art are a common sight on the beach. I was seated next to this unusual lamp in the sand. My idiot camera at that time couldn't capture the green glow of the light from underneath the glass, but imagine what it would have looked like if done with slow exposure...
Power of 3
Fondest memory: Boracay is best shared with the most amazing people...
Syl and her new friends
Favorite thing: We were walking along the beach one day and went further up north using the walk to Diniwid beach. It was a weekday on a school month but we were quite surprised to find many local children frolicking in the water and lots of families having picnics on the beach. The water looked so inviting that we stopped for a swim and while we were drying off, struck a conversation with a family who told us it was a holiday which was why the kids were not in school. We were invited to stay for a barbecue and several rounds of rhum and coke. Not only did we have fun, we made new friends :-)
More Reviews (29)
- See All Get a glowing tan...
- See All Local Art
- Take your time
- Buy fresh fish and other seafood
- See All On the other side of the island
- Sunblock, Sunblock, and oh, Sunblock!
syllybabe's Related Pages
Boracay Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Island Life"
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Boracay!"
- "Yielding To The Call Of The Islands"
- "Boracay Barefootin'"
- "Paradise in my backyard"
- "My longest VT meet"
- "Honeymoon in Boracay.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boracay Island
- Hotels in Boracay Island
- Transportation in Boracay Island
- Nightlife in Boracay Island
- Restaurants in Boracay Island
- Shopping in Boracay Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Boracay Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bristol Hotels
- Lolo Hot Springs Hotels
- Little Gasparilla Island Hotels
- Yakima Hotels
Badges & Stats in Boracay Island
- 43 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 72 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Boracay Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boracay Island
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Roast Suckling Pig"
- Commented on one of karengkeng's Boracay Island travel pages
- Wrote a Review During the monsoon season in Boracay Island Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "During the monsoon season"
- updated a Boracay Island Travel Page "Yielding To The Call Of The Islands"
Photos in Boracay IslandSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 85 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bacolod City Intro, 53 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Intro, 67 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island Intro, 43 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tagaytay Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corregidor Island Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
Latest Boracay Island hotel reviews
- Seraph Hotel
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Nigi Nigi Too Beach Resort
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Shangri-La's Boracay Resort and Spa
- 484 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Boracay Terraces Resort
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Ambassador in Paradise Resort
- 160 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Nami Resort
- 125 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Two Seasons Resort
- 194 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Boracay Shores Guest House
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Arwana Hotel of Boracay
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 24, 2013
- Boracay Royal Park Hotel
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Milflores de Boracay
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 23, 2013
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Tirol & Tirol Beach Resort
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 27, 2009
- Chalet Tirol Beach House
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2011
- Grand Vista Boracay Resort & Spa
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 9, 2013
- Island Hopping- 29 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Parasailing- 17 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Tattoos- 18 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Crystal Cove Caves- 14 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Snorkeling- 16 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Water Activities- 11 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Beach Massage- 18 Reviews, 18 Photos
- ATV Riding- 6 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Puka Beach- 10 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Boating and Sailing- 21 Reviews, 32 Photos
See All Boracay Island Things to Do