"Yielding To The Call Of The Islands" Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island by syllybabe

Boracay Island Travel Guide: 1,643 reviews and 4,794 photos

Boracay...
I shall not even attempt to burst into the superlatives used to describe this island paradise. Instead, I will take you to the Boracay that I've visited many times and known through the years.

By the time I first stepped on Boracay's sandy shores, it was in 1989...many years after people first discovered its countless attractions. Back then, electric power was only supplied by generators and there were no phones (let alone cellphones) yet visitors kept coming...drawn by the finest white sand and the charm of the locals.

Fast forward to 1999 when I again paid a visit. So much change...a lot of which the die hards of the pure, unspoilt Boracay culture despised and refused to accept. I, on the other hand, who embraces life's constant changes, allowed myself to soak up what was new and enjoyed the comforts that came with it. 24-hour electricity...with airconditioning, hot and cold tap water, ice cold softdrinks and beer, cellphone service, internet access!!! Is that progress or what?

In spite of the many changes though, some things remain the same...awesome sunsets, a dome of stars on clear nights, cool breezes, charming people, and best of all, the relaxing peace that comes with knowing that when you get to the island, you can still leave the rest behind...even for a few days.

Some more stuff...

I'm not a sun-worshipper...I'm honestly not even a beach person. As a matter of fact, I hide from the sun as much as I can. When in Boracay, I swim and walk outside before 9am and after 4pm.

I have been back to Boracay 6 times in the last 24 months.

In my opinion, the best time to go to Boracay is ANYTIME...except April and May when it's summer here in the Philippines because it can get way too hot and especially NOT during the Holy Week unless you're big into partying.

These pages are true accounts based on my experiences on the island and may not necessarily hold all the information one might hope for from a travel guide but feel free to email me for any questions.

• Pros:Unequalled powdery white sand
  • Cons:Gets too crowded sometimes
  • In a nutshell:One of the world's best beaches
  • Last visit to Boracay Island: Aug 2002
  • Intro Updated Feb 25, 2003

• May 11, 2008 at 8:34 PM

Wow, great piece of art! I hope I find something like that when I go in October! Do they accept VISA and ship! I also wonder what the name of the restaurant is, can you recall?

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2008 at 11:34 AM

Great page! Thanks!

• travel_guru's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2008 at 2:25 PM

HI I sent an email requesting for their email address so I can inquire for a possible booking at Boracay Shores. Appreciate if you could forward me their email address. Thanks a lot!

• Oct 15, 2006 at 10:33 AM

lovely page! Nikos

• Oct 11, 2006 at 2:37 PM

i finfished it and 2 of my friends that i met there . russell didnt fair to well after tho . hahaha

• wakaremasta's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2006 at 10:04 PM

Very nice pictures..beautiful Syl and helpul tips....

• steevie_wanders's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2006 at 8:40 AM

You make Boracay sound like paradise. Must add it to my big list. Nice pages :)

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2006 at 3:22 PM

Boracay Island looks like a wonderful place. Congrats on a fine page. Cheers from NY :-)

• nimato's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2006 at 10:26 AM

Gee.. this is the sweetest warning about a place that i've ever read on VT!

• litekimchi's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2005 at 12:13 AM

I had a crappy experience. We booked a beachfront room from the 26th to the 28th. The receptionist booked us from the 27th to the 29th. In most hotels, that kind of faux pas could land you an upgrade &/or complimentary services. They gave us nothing.

syllybabe

“Go where the locals go!”

Badges & Stats in Boracay Island

Have you been to Boracay Island?

Latest Activity in Boracay Island