"Yielding To The Call Of The Islands" Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island by syllybabe
Boracay Island Travel Guide: 1,643 reviews and 4,794 photos
I shall not even attempt to burst into the superlatives used to describe this island paradise. Instead, I will take you to the Boracay that I've visited many times and known through the years.
By the time I first stepped on Boracay's sandy shores, it was in 1989...many years after people first discovered its countless attractions. Back then, electric power was only supplied by generators and there were no phones (let alone cellphones) yet visitors kept coming...drawn by the finest white sand and the charm of the locals.
Fast forward to 1999 when I again paid a visit. So much change...a lot of which the die hards of the pure, unspoilt Boracay culture despised and refused to accept. I, on the other hand, who embraces life's constant changes, allowed myself to soak up what was new and enjoyed the comforts that came with it. 24-hour electricity...with airconditioning, hot and cold tap water, ice cold softdrinks and beer, cellphone service, internet access!!! Is that progress or what?
In spite of the many changes though, some things remain the same...awesome sunsets, a dome of stars on clear nights, cool breezes, charming people, and best of all, the relaxing peace that comes with knowing that when you get to the island, you can still leave the rest behind...even for a few days.
Some more stuff...
I'm not a sun-worshipper...I'm honestly not even a beach person. As a matter of fact, I hide from the sun as much as I can. When in Boracay, I swim and walk outside before 9am and after 4pm.
I have been back to Boracay 6 times in the last 24 months.
In my opinion, the best time to go to Boracay is ANYTIME...except April and May when it's summer here in the Philippines because it can get way too hot and especially NOT during the Holy Week unless you're big into partying.
These pages are true accounts based on my experiences on the island and may not necessarily hold all the information one might hope for from a travel guide but feel free to email me for any questions.
- Pros:Unequalled powdery white sand
- Cons:Gets too crowded sometimes
- In a nutshell:One of the world's best beaches
Most people avoid Boracay during the rainy months but I've discovered that this is probably one of the best times to go... more travel advice
I've already said this before. I'm not a sun worshipper but the few times I stayed out in the sun long enough, I did get... more travel advice
- Take your time
- Buy fresh fish and other seafood
- See All On the other side of the island
- Sunblock, Sunblock, and oh, Sunblock!
- See All The Best View of White Beach
syllybabe's Related Pages
Boracay Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Island Life"
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Boracay!"
- "Yielding To The Call Of The Islands"
- "Boracay Barefootin'"
- "Paradise in my backyard"
- "My longest VT meet"
- "Honeymoon in Boracay.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boracay Island
- Hotels in Boracay Island
- Transportation in Boracay Island
- Nightlife in Boracay Island
- Restaurants in Boracay Island
- Shopping in Boracay Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Boracay Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boracay Island
- 43 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 69 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Boracay Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boracay Island
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Roast Suckling Pig"
- Commented on one of karengkeng's Boracay Island travel pages
- Wrote a Review During the monsoon season in Boracay Island Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "During the monsoon season"
- updated a Boracay Island Travel Page "Yielding To The Call Of The Islands"
Photos in Boracay IslandSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 85 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bacolod City Intro, 53 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Intro, 67 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island Intro, 43 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tagaytay Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corregidor Island Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos