"Love It Or Leave It..." Top 5 Page for this destination Manila by syllybabe

Manila Travel Guide: 2,062 reviews and 5,064 photos

but you'll be coming back for more...

I've been making other pages and have ignored my Manila page for some time so I decided it needed a makeover and a facelift. Most of the photos on these pages will be new ones from my most recent trip where I consciously made an effort to take pictures and visited sights just like any tourist would.

I no longer live here but Manila is where I work some and play a lot that in most ways, it's still home.

How can I describe this city? It's busy, it's got terrible traffic problems, it's over-populated, it's polluted, but somehow, I have a soft spot for this Philippine city that people love to hate. My friends are here, food is great, and shopping is heaven.

Manila has been called many names and to quote another VT member, it's the WILD EAST! Quite true...it can get wild but it's also very laid back in some areas if you know where to go.

For me, when Manila calls it starts with a whisper and ends with a scream if I don't heed its call at least once every 4-6 weeks.

There's a song that goes..."Manila, Manila, I keep coming back to Manila...hinahanap-hanap kita Manila..." (I keep looking for you) This is MY Manila. The city that rocks me!

• Pros:Beautiful people, beautiful people, and oh yeah, beautiful people!
  • Cons:Traffic and heat (but nowhere as bad as Bkk)
  • In a nutshell:If you get to experience Manila with the best, you'll keep coming back.
  • Intro Updated Feb 12, 2004

syllybabe

“Go where the locals go!”

Badges & Stats in Manila