"The Highlands and the Lowlands" Top 5 Page for this destination Tagaytay by syllybabe
Tagaytay Travel Guide: 297 reviews and 998 photos
On a good day, Tagaytay is only an hour and a half away from Manila without the traffic.
This city, about 700m above sea level, more or less, is a favorite day trip of people from the city. During the day it is warm but at night and early in the mornings, the temperature drastically drops and you get pleasant cool weather.
The last time I was in Tagaytay was in 2001 and this time, I wanted to rediscover this pretty city on the ridge overlooking Taal Lake and Taal Volcano.
Restaurants here are known for fresh green salads and vegetables organically grown, flowers that are abloom all year long and fresh fruits...especially juicy pineapples.
Tagaytay...the romantic city in the sky.
I love this shot. It shows Taal Volcano and the island behind the colorful sails of the hobie cat.
- Pros:Very close to Manila for a day trip.
- Cons:Traffic can get bad because it's on the same road that people use to go to Batangas.
- In a nutshell:Very pretty...lovely weather...wonderful for romantic dinners.
syllybabe's Related Pages
Tagaytay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Highlands and the Lowlands"
- "Dine, Stay, Play and Pray"
- "Tagaytay - Lovely Place on a Volcano"
- "Tagaytay City - The City of Smiles"
- "A Significant place where to view the Taal Volcano"
- "Philippines : what a beautiful place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tagaytay
- Hotels in Tagaytay
- Transportation in Tagaytay
- Nightlife in Tagaytay
- Restaurants in Tagaytay
- Shopping in Tagaytay
- Warnings and Dangers in Tagaytay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tagaytay
- 32 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 44 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Tagaytay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tagaytay
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 85 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bacolod City Intro, 53 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Intro, 67 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island Intro, 43 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tagaytay Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corregidor Island Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos