"Rough Rivers for Wild Rides" Top 5 Page for this destination Tuguegarao City by syllybabe

Tuguegarao City Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 131 photos

I had no idea what to expect when I was asked to join this trip. I only knew I was going with college friends and jumped at the opportunity to spend the entire weekend with them away from the city. We had been planning trips to so many places but it never materialized but somehow, this one just went so smoothly from the planning in April til the weekend of the trip was finally over.
The mountains were absolutely spectacular. I've been to quite a few places where there are rolling hills and mountains but Cagayan and Kalinga have a beauty that reminds me of the Emerald Isle and the Tuscan countryside rolled into one.
I came home with stories and pictures both in my mind and on film but I hope to go back soon and experience it again.
The Philippines is more than just islands and beaches to me now. As I'm discovering my own country, I would like to be able to share more of its beauty and show that there's more to us than white sand, blue water, and the Abu Sayyaf.
Please view the travelogue for more pics and stories of our adventure.

• Last visit to Tuguegarao City: Sep 2002
  • Intro Updated Nov 28, 2002

• Jul 6, 2006 at 11:41 PM

callao and sierra caves and kayaks and bats and the rivers :) almost a year since been there. thanks for reminding me of home sweet home :)

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2005 at 1:55 PM

Looks like a lot of fun! I'm impressed that you weren't bothered by falling out of your kayak!

• Oct 4, 2004 at 7:39 PM

YOUR PHOTOS BRINGS BACK A LOT OF CHILDHOOD MEMORIES.LAST TIME I WAS IN THAT CAVE/RIVER, I WAS 9 YRS OLD.I'M COMING HOME 4 X'MAS IN TUGUEGARAO AFTER 14 YEARS IN AUSTRALIA.TNX.

• May 12, 2004 at 4:30 PM

yep, vt has certainly gotten the best of me! i'm sure my addiction will die down soon. great kayaking pics, you seem like quite the adventurer. i love kayaking.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2003 at 8:27 AM

That kayaking looks fun and I know I would be sore afterwards and I wouldn't want to fall out.:-). Those Jeepneys are great! Wonderful adventure you had. Good for you.

• trvlnurse's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2003 at 11:37 PM

The Cagayan Valley pic is amazing- the colors and wide open space are breath taking

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2003 at 8:28 PM

The Kayaking looks like loads of fun! The cave sounds fun too!

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2003 at 2:28 PM

You're right, there's no way I am crawling into a dark hole with no other obvious way out. LOL. Great tips and a wonderful adventure thank you.

• Jun 15, 2003 at 7:09 PM

Tama si Pinoysailor. I feel the same way, Pinay ako, and I've seen the world, but not my very own Pilipinas. I'm working on something to get me back there, and lakwacha tayo na katakot-takot.

• PINOYSAILOR's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2003 at 1:12 AM

I envy you. Being born and raised in the Philippines, I have been all over the world but sad to say I dont even know my motherland . Time to take a year off and re-discover the Philippines.

syllybabe

“Go where the locals go!”

Badges & Stats in Tuguegarao City

Have you been to Tuguegarao City?

Latest Activity in Tuguegarao City