"QUE BONITO CHIHUAHUA!!" Chihuahua by la-lola

Chihuahua Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 48 photos

CHIHUAHUA, CHI

the capital of the biggest state in mexico. It's a beutiful city, big, but not so dangerous, like other big cities... of course, is not like Monterrey, México city or Guadalajara.

People said that is one of the best places to live, here in México. It's in the north of my country.

The weather is wether too hot or too cold. Nice people you can find there. I went to some museums, but the best for me was "Quinta Gameros", an old house that they converted into a museum. And "Museo de la Revolución Mexicana" , where Pancho Villa lived for some time. And you'll find the car where they shot and killed him.

In the afternoon or night, you can go to coffee Calicanto... With live music (guitar, don't think that of electronic)

I loved this city.. so, if you ever have the chance to go... don't miss it... and Good Luck...

I OWE YOU THE PICTURES... I DIDN'T HAVE ANY CAMERA WITH MY, JUST MY MEMORIES..OK ;)

CREEL , CHI

This is a small town in chihuahua. I took the "chepe " (the train that goes between the mountains)... It's expensive, I took the 1rst class train, but everybody said that the 2nd is the same, except that they didn't have a car with a restaurant, that's the only difference. You can take the bus, too. The train goes from Chihuahua (6 a.m.) to Los Mochis, but I took it only to Creel.

From Creel, you can take some tour. I stayed in Posada Margaritas, it's inexpensive and there I met so many travellers from all around the world. From this posada they organice some tours, with an extra payment, of course. Or you can do it by yourself. Rent a bicicle and ask for directions. There are some beautiful landscapes... Waterfalls Cusarare. Copper Canyon, Batopilas (where i didnt go, 'cause the trip was more expensive and takes longer than the others, but its a small town between the mountains, they said), waterfalls Baseasachi (i don't know how to write it),...

It was really nice.

• Last visit to Chihuahua: Jul 2001
  • Intro Updated Aug 7, 2006

• staindesign's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I loved my visit to Chihuahua, like you, I didn't take many photos. I'm kicking myself now. But it was truely lovely and I hope to return one day. Perhaps I'll see some updates on ur page sometime in the future. Mil gracias, Abi

• la-lola's Profile Photo
      Mar 19, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Hahaha.. you did the same... no camera, just memories... I bought my first camera in Canada, and after that it has been with me everyday =D is good if one day we can return to that beautiful place .. saludos =D

• biljah's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2004 at 12:02 PM

Gladys you took down all your pics... and you haven't been on in forever. Oh well enjoy Saltillo!

• TXgal's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2003 at 10:02 AM

Good information.....I hope to visit Copper Canyon this year!

• genispp's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2002 at 2:54 PM

Welcome to VT.I wait to see soon your Chiuaua page. Beautiful your home page

la-lola

“meeting new people and new places ; )”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Chihuahua

Have you been to Chihuahua?

Latest Activity in Chihuahua