"mystixa's Beaverton Page" Beaverton by mystixa

Beaverton Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 83 photos

Beaverton is a nice little town, not too far out from Portland. Its among the nicest of the outlying portland metro area towns, but not quite as expensive to live as the ritziest places.

Me and my roomates moved here in the last few monthes, and it has been a definate improvement. I must say we have gotten to more of the surrounding area in the last while then most people would in a year. The first 2 days alone we drove every major road in the Portland area, over 700 miles.

Here in Beaverton there doesnt really seem to be much for the casual wanderer. Strip malls, retauraunts, the odd local pub and pizza place. Apartment complexes abound, most placed here in the last 10 years or so I would guess. A good place to move if you have a car, and want easy access to most of the area without living in the low rest district.

Bicycle magazine has named Portland and its surroundings as the freindliest bike city in America. This is important to me, as I spent 4 years of college in Alaska with a bike as my transportation. (I did this without resorting to the usual dorky style that bicyclists tend toward.) Unfortunately here the bikers have taken this 'bike freindly' atmosphere to mean they should regularly block traffic. Sometimes Ive seen 3 bikes sauntering down the street each in their own separate lane, next to an empty sidewalk, blocking massive amounts of traffic. Needless to say Im not impressed with that attitude. Other then that I find Portlan, and Beaverton to be nice and freindly.

ot too much of a nightlife in Beaverton proper as far as I can tell. But feel free to tell me if Im wrong, Id be up for a party sometime. :) There is 1 'perk', a 24 hr Starbucks, which seems to be a major hub of teen through young adult life after hours. Other then that just some local pubs, and a few strip bars, but those arent really my scene. 1 nice club would do me fine.

Hope all this helps.

• Intro Written Sep 5, 2002

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Beaverton

Have you been to Beaverton?

Latest Activity in Beaverton