"Melaque and Costalegre (Happy Coast)" Estado de Jalisco by DanEnslow
Estado de Jalisco Travel Guide: 1,547 reviews and 2,998 photos
Melaque is a great destination for people who are looking for a relaxed time in an area that is inexpensive and has great beaches.
It is a classic beach town, with lots of shops, restaurants, and central garden (square). Mexican tourists come here, especially from Guadalajara and Colima on the holidays and weekends.
The people are very nice and relaxed here, so you can make friends with both anglo and mexican people.
You can save money here because there are many nice budget and moderate hotels to choose from - or deluxe, if you prefer.
Costalegre or Costa Alegre is a stretch of small towns and beautiful beaches in southern Jalisco, from Barra de Navidad, 5 km S. of Melaque to Bahía Chamela about 75 km to the North.
To get here, take the Manzanillo flight, and taxi to Melaque.
Various modes of transportation work here: you can walk, take the bus, biking is good. If you rent a car, you can explore the whole coast. Taxi charges are not bad for local travel.
For higher resolution pictures, check out my Webshots.com External Page.
A few good links:
Melaque Hotels, Bungalos, Posadas, Restaurants, etc
hotels, restaurants, etc
- Pros:good beaches, food, fun people, nice budget hotels
- Cons:You have to eventually go home.
This is a palapa-style church for gringos. You can meet people who spend the winter there as well as vacationers. After... more travel advice
Be careful! These Crocs (or are the aligators?) can take a hand off before you even realize it! more travel advice
DanEnslow's Related Pages
Estado de Jalisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Melaque and Costalegre (Happy Coast)"
- "Our Time in Jalisco"
- "JALISCO PYRAMIDS TEUCHITLAN GUACHIMONTONES"
- "Estado de Jalisco"
- "Barra de Navidad"
- "Jalisco -- no te rajes !!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado de Jalisco
- Hotels in Estado de Jalisco
- Transportation in Estado de Jalisco
- Nightlife in Estado de Jalisco
- Restaurants in Estado de Jalisco
- Shopping in Estado de Jalisco
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de Jalisco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado de Jalisco
- 13 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Estado de Jalisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de Jalisco
Photos in Estado de JaliscoSee All Photos (32)
- Honduras Intro, 25 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Estado de Jalisco Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 5 travelogues