"Mountains and cold white stuff" Aime by bzh
Aime Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 33 photos
Aime is a small village in the Savoie region of France. It is the closest town to the La Plagne ski resort, which is the reason why I went there in the first place so this page is mainly about La Plagne rather than Aime itself.
La Plagne is one of the best ski resorts in France. With a 730 hectare ski area, starting at 1250 metres, going up to 3250 metres on the Bellecote glacier, everybody can find runs adapted to his level. And if that were not enough, the domain offers huge possibilities for cross country or off piste skiing.
Due to its popularity, La Plagne has been consistently upgrading its facilities over the past years. Ski lifts are fast and well located so that you spend most of the time on the slopes.
The only bad thing about La Plagne is the architecture of the place. The buildings are really ugly. Nothing like the traditional French mountain chalets. It's all nasty 70's architecture. But then, you're only there at night so it doesn't matter that much.
- Pros:Superb skiing
- Cons:The buildings are really ugly
- In a nutshell:Ski, mulled wine and more ski
Any good butcher in Savoie will have a selection of local dry sausage and cured ham. Everything. My personal favourite... more travel advice
I quite like Aime's train station. It is one of those typical small stations you find all over the place in France.... more travel advice
bzh's Related Pages
Aime Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mountains and cold white stuff"
- "White and blue,as far as you can see and beyond"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aime
- Hotels in Aime
- Transportation in Aime
- Nightlife in Aime
- Restaurants in Aime
- Shopping in Aime
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aime
- 11 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Aime?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aime
Photos in AimeSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bretagne Intro, 23 reviews, 18 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kew Gardens Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Le Conquet Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Norway Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Aime Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos