"A crazy metropolis where everything is history" Cairo by bzh
Cairo Travel Guide: 3,991 reviews and 9,548 photos
Ok, it looks very unimaginative to have a picture of the pyramids on top of a page on Cairo. But still, I did enjoy myself immensely each time I went to Cairo and, no doubt, the pyramids were a hilghlight of my first visit there. Those are amongst the monuments in the world that you have to see with your own eyes. No description or photograph can really do them justice.
Egypt would never have had the history it's had without the Nile. The great river has always been part of the life of every Egyptain.
Cairo is also a huge and striving city. It has all the pros and cons of it: lots to do, pollution, traffic, etc.
Go an see the Pyramids at Giza. The best time is the end of day, after the tourist buses rush. And the best way to it is... more travel advice
Traffic in large cities can be horrendous but Cairo takes it to another level. One constant practice is the amazing... more travel advice
bzh's Related Pages
Cairo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cairo`s yellow pages!"
- "Cairo- Umm el Dunya"
- "CAIRO... still thinking of..."
- "3 decades living in Cairo and yet exploring more"
- "The 4 days were far from enough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cairo
- Hotels in Cairo
- Transportation in Cairo
- Nightlife in Cairo
- Restaurants in Cairo
- Shopping in Cairo
- Warnings and Dangers in Cairo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cairo
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Cairo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cairo
Photos in CairoSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bretagne Intro, 23 reviews, 18 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kew Gardens Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Le Conquet Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Norway Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Aime Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos