"Typical fishing harbour" Le Conquet by bzh
Le Conquet Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 39 photos
Le Conquet, aka Konk Leon in Breton, is a small fishing village West of Brest. Its narrow streets are lined with some of the most beautiful traditional Breton houses.
The harbour uses the natural estuary of a small river that cuts through the coastal cliffs. Most of it is affected by the tide that leaves the boats dry twice a day. The village itself climbs up the cliff from the South side of the harbour resulting in very steep streets.
The fishing fleet of Le Conquet provides fresh fish to quite a few places around and this is visible all around the harbour. If you time it right, you can even get fresh fish virtually out of the boats by going to the fish market just after they have come back.
Fishing boats come in all shapes and sizes and are a majority in the harbour, reminding you that this is a real fishing... more travel advice
Some of the architecture in the harbour is rather unusual and worth a second look. For instance, this corner tower on a... more travel advice
bzh's Related Pages
Le Conquet Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tiny page"
- "Typical fishing harbour"
- "A lovely Bretonne Village"
- "Why visit here?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Le Conquet
- Hotels in Le Conquet
- Transportation in Le Conquet
- Restaurants in Le Conquet
- Warnings and Dangers in Le Conquet
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Le Conquet
- 10 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Le Conquet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Le Conquet
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bretagne Intro, 23 reviews, 18 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kew Gardens Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Le Conquet Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Norway Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Aime Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos