"Almost in Italy :)" Nova Gorica by Lodestar
Nova Gorica Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 46 photos
This is a very small but quite a beautiful town right next to the Italian border. Although there is not much to see in the town itself, the surrounding nature makes it a place you shouldn't miss. Lying quite close to the Adriatic sea and being surrounded by mountains, the climate in the town is extremely nice. I was there in the middle of winter - in February - and the average temperature was about 5 degrees above zero, while in Ljubljana at the same time it was -10 and snowing. The climate has made Nova Gorica into a town filled with quite strange sights - palmtrees and pinetrees growing side by side. Snow-capped mountains glistening in the sunshine. Evergreen trees and green grass thoughout the year, even if it does happen to snow... etc.
When in Nova Gorica you have to take a trip to the surrounding mountains - the area is just covered with vinyards, and the whole region is famous for it's wine-growing tradtion. Do not hesitate to take a trip to one of the wine-cellars for some wine tasting and snacks. The nature is gorgeous and the wines delicious :) The people in the rural areas are extremely friendly and helpful, so you'll have no problems finding a perfect place for some great culinary experience!
The main, if not only, nighlife spot in the town is a huge casino - Perla. Located in the lobby of the hotel (also Perla, of course), this enormous casino is THE place for people who are into gambling. Hundreds of people come there every weekend from Italy for that bit of excitement and thrill. Although the casino is not the ebst place to socialise and find new aquaintances, the nightclub called Captain Hook's, just downstairs the casino, is quite a nice place for some active fun and relaxation!
- Pros:Excellent surroundings with gorgeous nature
- Cons:Not much to see or do inside the town
Lodestar's Related Pages
Nova Gorica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A mad rush through the Soca Valley"
- "DOBRODOSLI TO MY NOVA GORICA PAGE......:-)"
- "Wild yet Wonderful West of my Country"
- "NOVA GORICA"
- "Turquoise wonder"
- "NOVA GORICA - SLOVENIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nova Gorica
- Hotels in Nova Gorica
- Transportation in Nova Gorica
- Nightlife in Nova Gorica
- Restaurants in Nova Gorica
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Nova Gorica
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Nova Gorica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nova Gorica
Photos in Nova GoricaSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn County Intro, 43 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estonia Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Colombia Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barranquilla Intro, 22 reviews, 16 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medellín Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Bogotá Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Tartu Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos