"Going back in time" Aegna Saar by Lodestar
Aegna Saar Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 22 photos
This small island just off the northern coast of Estonia is about a 45 minute boat-ride away from Tallinn.
In 45 minutes you can go back in time into the 1980´s when this place was a popular resort for soviet companies. much of it is still the way it was left when the Soviet Union siezed to exist. Quite an interesting site for anyone who has not witnessed that kind of life. You can just walk into most of the deserted buildings and look around.
but besides old degrading buildings the island can also boast with some spectacular deserted beaches, thick forests packed with mushrooms in the autumn and just great nature. If you don´t have that much time to spend in Estonia and want to see the nature at it´s purest, this just might be the place to go.
Regular boat service operates at least 4 times a day during summertime from the City Hall docks.
Lodestar's Related Pages
Aegna Saar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Great get-away island"
- "Aegna Island"
- "Aegna saar, 19.-20.07.1997"
- "Going back in time"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aegna Saar
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Aegna Saar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aegna Saar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn County Intro, 43 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estonia Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Colombia Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barranquilla Intro, 22 reviews, 16 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medellín Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Bogotá Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Tartu Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos