"My little home - Estonia" Top 5 Page for this destination Estonia by Lodestar

Estonia Travel Guide: 4,603 reviews and 11,651 photos

Too much to write about it. If you want to know anything, just ask me, and I'll be happy to give you some advice!!!

On the whole - our country is truly great - a lot of wild nature, cool small villages, nice beaches, small towns, the medieval capital, four seasons - one for swimming, one for skiing, the other two just to annoy you. There are small lakes in the forests, sandy beaches, narrow crooked streets, wide roads, huge medieval churces, tiny wooden rural churches, high skyscrapers, five-star hotels and homey farmhouse b-and-b's, 13th century houses, huge apartment buildings - it is a ountry of great contrasts...

PEOPLE

People are friendly and nice but a bit self-absorbed at first. Most young people speak good english, also some german and several other languages, although english is the most wide spread. Almost all older people speak very good Russian, as do some young people as well. People may seem crumpy and angry and troubled but they mean well and are helpful if you need anything. The angry look on their faces is probably because of the weather - Estonians are nether satisfied - summers are too hot, wihters too cold and have too much snow, autumns are too rainy, etc.

But it is actually incredibly nice here - COME AND CHECK FOR YOURSELF . For people coming from the USA or most of the western Europe our country is quite cheap, so it makes it easier to take advantage of everything our unique culture, wildlife, pubs, medieval towns, extreamly nice, friendly and unique islands and nightlife has to offer. So come, enjoy yourself anf and let me know, if I can help you in any way.

• Intro Updated Jul 10, 2003

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2010 at 4:28 AM

Thanks for your pages on Estonia, I am sure they will be a great help on our visit. Martin

• May 12, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Thank you- have spent two days researching Estonia and you have recommended a site I had not found.

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2004 at 9:45 AM

Nice country and great tips

• AndreSTGT's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2004 at 2:58 PM

This page wetted my appetite even more. Two weeks and counting!

• Jul 14, 2003 at 11:03 AM

great page very helpful. i am going to estonia next week, short notice i know but only found your page today.could you give me tips where to go for 12 days, car hire, clubs etc. talk to you soon richie

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2003 at 7:07 AM

Great info. I'm sorry, I haven't been yet to Saaremaa and Hiiumaa but I'm a good ambassador for A.Le Coq & Saku.

• sihi's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2003 at 3:43 AM

Good page!!! Make please pages about Ida-Virumaa and Johvi!!! And welcome to my home county:)

• webina's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2003 at 11:59 PM

Great site, good tips, thanks!

• vytisknight's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2003 at 9:01 PM

Excellent page!!

• Amitu's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2003 at 5:59 PM

Great stuff. Well done

Lodestar Used To Live Here!

Lodestar

“Always face the sunshine, so the shadows will fall behind you...”

Badges & Stats in Estonia

Have you been to Estonia?

Latest Activity in Estonia