"My little home - Estonia" Top 5 Page for this destination Estonia by Lodestar
Estonia Travel Guide: 4,603 reviews and 11,654 photos
Too much to write about it. If you want to know anything, just ask me, and I'll be happy to give you some advice!!!
On the whole - our country is truly great - a lot of wild nature, cool small villages, nice beaches, small towns, the medieval capital, four seasons - one for swimming, one for skiing, the other two just to annoy you. There are small lakes in the forests, sandy beaches, narrow crooked streets, wide roads, huge medieval churces, tiny wooden rural churches, high skyscrapers, five-star hotels and homey farmhouse b-and-b's, 13th century houses, huge apartment buildings - it is a ountry of great contrasts...
People are friendly and nice but a bit self-absorbed at first. Most young people speak good english, also some german and several other languages, although english is the most wide spread. Almost all older people speak very good Russian, as do some young people as well. People may seem crumpy and angry and troubled but they mean well and are helpful if you need anything. The angry look on their faces is probably because of the weather - Estonians are nether satisfied - summers are too hot, wihters too cold and have too much snow, autumns are too rainy, etc.
But it is actually incredibly nice here - COME AND CHECK FOR YOURSELF . For people coming from the USA or most of the western Europe our country is quite cheap, so it makes it easier to take advantage of everything our unique culture, wildlife, pubs, medieval towns, extreamly nice, friendly and unique islands and nightlife has to offer. So come, enjoy yourself anf and let me know, if I can help you in any way.
In case you are here only for a short period of time, going to the islands or even southern estonia may be impossible... more travel advice
The orthodox nunnery, situated near the banks of the lake Peipsi in Eastern Estonia is a remote destination definately... more travel advice
- 4 seasons
- See All Proud of our culture and country
- What to expect on the menus in bars,...
- Suggested souvenirs
Written Jun 12, 2003
Pictures of Estonian winter
Written Jun 12, 2003
Some pictures of Estonian nature
Lodestar's Related Pages
Estonia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "siilchikk's new Estonia Page"
- "My little home - Estonia"
- "kylamees's Estonia Page"
- "Teriffic Tallinn"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estonia
- Hotels in Estonia
- Transportation in Estonia
- Nightlife in Estonia
- Restaurants in Estonia
- Shopping in Estonia
- Warnings and Dangers in Estonia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estonia
- 125 Reviews
- 148 Photos
- 38 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Estonia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estonia
- Posted in Travel Philippines Forum "Palawan (and any other) advice..."
- Wrote a Review A good idea for a nice day-trip in Estonia Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "A good idea for a nice day-trip"
- updated a Estonia Travel Page "My little home - Estonia"
- Commented on one of Yubert's Estonia travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn County Intro, 43 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estonia Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Colombia Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barranquilla Intro, 22 reviews, 16 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medellín Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Bogotá Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Tartu Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos