"Medellin - the city of the eternal spring" Top 5 Page for this destination Medellín by Lodestar
Medellín Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 102 photos
Medellin is Colombia's second largest city, a principal manufacturing and industrial area, as well as a commercial flower growing region, particularly orchids, but for years was best known as the center of The Colombian Cartels. With the death of Pablo Escobar, Medellin is slowly recovering, but is not yet a full-fledged tourist destination. However, there is plenty to do and see in the city itself and the scenic surroundings. Medellin is also the city where the famous flower parade - Feria de las Flores is held every August. Music, dances and cultural events celebrate the Antioquiana customs, but the highlight is the Desfile de Silleteros, where campesinos come down from the mountains carrying flowers
The city is really beautiful. It's full of parks, Botero sculptures, churches. The paisas (people from Medellin) are very friendly and hospitable and helpful. The climate is extreamly nice - not too hot, not too cold, so the city is actually called the city of eternal spring. The mountains that surround the entire city make it look a bit mysterious, but they look increadably nice at night when they are filled with lights. Probably the only Colombian city which has a nice city center - really clean and full of nice sightseeing places. The botero sculptures leave a really homey impression and the parks with fountains and the plazas in front of churches make the city even more cozy. The only city that has a subway system. Medellin is a really modern city compared to the rest of Colombian cities. A really really nice place, and definately worth to visit.
- Pros:Nice climate, many cool parks, street cafes, Botero sculptures, very clean, cool mountains, pretty paisa women, the river
- Cons:too red (the bricks), not Colombian enough
- In a nutshell:A very clean and nice city with a great climate
This replica of a typical Paisa village us situated on top of the Cerro Nutibarra. With souvenir shops and open air... more travel advice
Since most of the taxies in Medellin have meters (unlike the ones in the Caribbean region) most people don't consider... more travel advice
Lodestar's Related Pages
Medellín Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The city of red brick and green mountains"
- "Medellin - the city of the eternal spring"
- "No hay carteles aqui"
- "cochinjew's new Medellin Page"
- "Anadayur's new Medellin Page"
- "Luisgui's new Medellin Page"
- "hanspeter_W.'s new Medellin Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Medellín
- Hotels in Medellín
- Transportation in Medellín
- Nightlife in Medellín
- Restaurants in Medellín
- Shopping in Medellín
- Warnings and Dangers in Medellín
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Medellín
- 9 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Medellín?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Medellín
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn County Intro, 43 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estonia Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Colombia Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barranquilla Intro, 22 reviews, 16 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medellín Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Bogotá Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Tartu Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos