"A typical small-town with an added bonus" Zipaquirá by Lodestar
Zipaquirá Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 173 photos
Zipaquira is a typical small town near Bogota with it's crooked streets and a main square in front of the church. It's nice and peaceful and pleasant to visit. But all that is still not the real reson for going there. The main reaso most people find their way to Zipaquira is the old salt-mine in the oputskirts of the town. The mine has been rebuilt into an underground cathedral, depicting Jesus' road to the cross, with its 15 stations. The cathedral is really breathtakingly cool and unbelievably amazing place, which offers this added bonus to seeing a nice small-town near Bogota.
Lodestar's Related Pages
Zipaquirá Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Decided Colombian Experience: Zipaquira"
- "Zipaquira - The Salt Cathedral"
- "Zipaquirá - home of the gorgeous Salt Cathedral"
- "Beautiful Colonial Town With the Salt Cathedral"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zipaquirá
- Hotels in Zipaquirá
- Transportation in Zipaquirá
- Restaurants in Zipaquirá
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Zipaquirá
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Zipaquirá?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zipaquirá
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn County Intro, 43 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estonia Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Colombia Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barranquilla Intro, 22 reviews, 16 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medellín Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Bogotá Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Tartu Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos