"Life is for living" Lodestar's Profile
Work, like you don't need the money,
Love, like you'll never get hurt,
Dance, like no-one is watching...
That's how I try to live my life...
Well, just a little bit about myself:
Who am I?
I'm a 27 year-old fun-loving, excitement-seeking girl. Working as an English teacher for the NATO peace operations centre here in Estonia. A good place 'cause of the long vacations i can spend travelling :)
Where am I?
If I'm not travelling, then probably at home, here in Estonia. But a big part of my heart will always be in Barranquilla - on the amazing Caribean coast of Colombia...
What do I like?
Well, first and foremost travelling. Next comes photography, skydiving, thinking, scuba-diving and snowboarding. Then several things - dancing, reading, friends, pancakes, music, sunshine, swimming, giraffes, vanilla ice-cream, bloody marys, full moon, the ocean, fire, skiing, swimming, skating, fruits, candles etc, etc.
What kind of travelling?
Preferably hitchhiking, but definately on my own, not via some travel agency. To get to the very core of real life... Everywhere, just depends on the financial situation.
Next destinations (wishful thinking)?
As soon as i have the money - Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines. Definitely South Africa and back to South-America.
Jazz and bossa (Gilles Peterson, 2 banks of 4, Macy Gray, Jill Scott, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Buena Vist Social Club, Gilbertos etc.), Latino (Carlos Vives, Silvio Rodriguez, Juanes, Pablo Milanes, Manu Chao), Oldies (Pink Floyd, The Doors, Cat Stevens, Janis Ian, Simon and Garfunkel etc.), Rock (U2, Metallica, Coldplay, Led Zeppelin, R.E.M, Depeche Mode, Sting), R'n'B, folk etc.
Milan Kundera, Gabriel G. Marquez, Kurt Vonnegut, Ray Bradbury, Astrid Lindgren, Paulo Coelho, Charles Bukowski, Anthony Burgess, Nick Hornby etc.
Almost anything goes. All kinds of fun and visually pleasing pieces - e.g. Amelie, Love Actually, Lost in Translation, Dogville, Harry Potter :) Anything by Almodovar. Besides that I love documentaries (nature, culture, travelling of course... everything).
Salads, meat, fruits, pancakes and vanilla ice-cream + local cuisines everywhere i go!!!
Definately Colombia, more specifically - the Caribbean, especially Taganga and Parque Tayrona. Cortona - a small medieval town in Tuscany, Italy, comes second (and closely after that Cinque Terre - another amazing place in Italy). Third place should go to somewhere in Turkey (Olympos, Göreme, Sirince...). Wadi Rum and the bottom of the Aqaba bay are also in the top 5, for sure. Basically any place that offers new and unique experiences, and my special favourite place - on the road...
Ok, that's more than enough...
Well, anyways - if you have any questions about anything, don't be afraid to contact me for any reason - new friends are always welcome!
"There is something in every one of you that waits and listens for the sound of the genuine in yourself. It is the only true guide you will ever have. And if you cannot hear it, you will all of your life spend your days on the ends of strings that somebody else pulls."
- Howard Thurman
March 11-28 - USA - Chicago and San Antonio + small towns in Texas. Really cool!
September 2006 - February 2007 - SPAIN - Studied in a small Andalucian town called Huelva. Plus most of Andalucia, Madrid, Toledo and Barcelona. Great experience!!!
July 29th - August 22nd, 2007 - JORDAN AND SYRIA through Turkey. WONDERFUL!!! Coluorful, hot, amazing, unique and superb!
November 5-25 - BUDAPEST, HUNGARY - mostly work-related, but also some travelling around.
January 13th-20th - MAYRHOFEN, AUSTRIA - Snowboarding, snowboarding and snowboarding. Excellent slopes, especially up on the glacier!
June 5-8 - KOSOVO
July 3-17 - CROATIA - any info and tips highly welcome! Especially considering diving and hiking and other possible activities!
December 2008 - January 2009 - Hopefully the Philippines for about 3-4 weeks! Also tips welcome!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 230 Reviews
- 260 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 20 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
- Lodestar and wittebol are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Philippines Forum "Palawan (and any other) advice..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Life is for living"
updated their Profile Page "Life is for living"
- created a Aegna Saar Travel Page "Going back in time"
- Wrote a Review Cathedral about Tuomiokirkko in Tampere Things to Do
- Commented on Umea6's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn County Intro, 43 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estonia Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Colombia Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barranquilla Intro, 22 reviews, 16 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medellín Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Bogotá Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Tartu Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22479 Reviews - 55020 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2028 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3098 Reviews - 5880 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos