"Baltimore" Baltimore by dlandt
Baltimore Travel Guide: 1,231 reviews and 3,482 photos
If you're like me, you like to read, and one of the things that drew me to Baltimore, was the fact that one of my literary heroes, and the God this humble writer bows down before, is buried here. Beyond that, I had little idea what Baltimore might have to offer.
As a waterfront city, Baltimore has a few maritime interests. The maritime museum is afloat, and a pleasant walk down memory lane for any ex-squid.
In essence, what I found, was that Baltimore is a good deal like my own city, kind of a diamond in the tough, with a lot of things, just not flash and polish. It takes a little grit to live there, but it also offers a kind of life or satisfaction that you don't find in the more embroidered and polished cities.
The one thing that will stand out in my memory, really, is the great people who came to the VT meeting my friend Julie arranged. Littlesam1, frankcanfly, ellielou (+mate Mike) and skye820, you guys were the best. Without you, my trip would have been mediocre in the extreme.
A convenient landmark, the shottower doesn't really have anything to do, though there are shops about. If you can see it, you are in the general vicinity of the tourist attractions.
Most of the major tourist attractions are going to be found in or near the Inner Harbour. You will be able to tell this from one glance at a map. For the most part, this is where a typical visitor will begin his exploration of Baltimore. Shown here is a small 1812 era (replica) ship called the Pride of Baltimore.
- Pros:A very real place, with a good feel
- Cons:Not well known, and I would say underappreciated
- In a nutshell:What the west coast wants to be, Baltimore has been for a long time
The grave of Baltimore's most famous son isn't really open to the public per se, but you can visit it. Located in a... more travel advice
Not to be confused withthe aircraft carrier of the same name, this is probably the major tourist attraction in... more travel advice
dlandt's Related Pages
Baltimore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charm City"
- "Native Baltimoron"
- "The Land of Pleasant Living and...."
- "Baltimore "The Monumental City""
- "~ Baltimore ~"
- "THE VT INVASION OF BALTIMORE - YIKES!"
- "The Great BaltOberfest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baltimore
- Hotels in Baltimore
- Transportation in Baltimore
- Nightlife in Baltimore
- Restaurants in Baltimore
- Shopping in Baltimore
- Warnings and Dangers in Baltimore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baltimore
- 11 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Baltimore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baltimore
Photos in BaltimoreSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 58 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois Intro, 36 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokushima Intro, 35 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wisconsin Intro, 42 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 45 reviews, 76 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 24 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 36 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 22 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nassau Intro, 26 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues