"A weekend getaway" Larochette by dlandt

Larochette Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 74 photos

Larochette

Larochette is a small town in Luxembourg, close to the German border. On a hilltop stands the ruins of an old castle, beautifully lit at night. More than anything, this place reminds me of Switzerland and a few mountain retreats I have been to in the US. There are various things to do in the area, kayaking and canoeing, horseback riding, etc., but not all year long. The castle, I found to my chagrin, doesn't open until after Easter, but would probably have been a nice hike and good view. There are a good assortment of restaurants in town.

• Pros:Small, charming, cheap, clean
  • Cons:Might be too small for long stays
  • In a nutshell:Have a great wekend, but no longer
  • Intro Written Mar 19, 2003

• nighthawk's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2004 at 2:45 AM

oh haha we hiked to the castle and after visiting castle we wanted an alternative way down, seemed to be a path.. fell down, got muddy, and had to climb up to get on the beaten path again .. lol .. lovely larochette page!

• Zmrzlina's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2003 at 5:27 PM

Ah, this is my kind of castle...falling down. Great pictures here! Love to wander castle ruins. Tons in Slovakia.

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2003 at 1:48 PM

you have some very good pictures of Larochette, i was there last year on a camping, however my pictures are not that good

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2003 at 9:35 AM

I've been to Luxembourg quite some times, but never to this town. Lovely pics

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2003 at 1:28 AM

I love such small towns! Lovely page and picures in travelogues!

dlandt

“Philadelphia and Atlantic City”

Badges & Stats in Larochette

Have you been to Larochette?

Latest Activity in Larochette