"Islands in the sea" Top 5 Page for this destination Nassau by dlandt
Nassau Travel Guide: 655 reviews and 1,345 photos
We know the Bahamas as a place we go for vacation. These low lying, sandy islands are nearly a paradise temptingly close ot our shores, only 50 miles from Florida. When we think of it, we think of rum floaters, white sand, colorful fish, and deep red sunsets. Water abounds, and so do water sports, all accompanied by friendly Islander accents.
... and it lies outside the sun. Its the tradition of Empire and Commonwealth, Pax Brittanica and Queen V. Represented at the UN and periodocally making contributions to the world through Caricom and other international bodies, a few hours spent simply watching the news proved as entertaining as it was informative.
An awful lot of the Bahamas looks like this. Not technically in the Caribbean, the Bahamas has its share of the region's endemic poverty and hardships. Prices can be high, while salaries can be low. "Alla dem got rastaman gangster boyfriend" said a local to me while we watched a group of young women, sipping sweet fruit punch. The news, their music videos, a lot of the things that go into daily life aren't always the paradise we know the Bahamas for.
- Pros:Sun surf and sand; food drink and laughs
- Cons:Awfully touristy
- In a nutshell:This is where you go for vacation
The aquarium here is simply amazing. From the dressup job of the mythological Atlantean Kingdom to the actual fish in... more travel advice
Overall, food in the Bahamas is quite pricy, both near and away from Bay St. and Paradise Island. Menu items priced in... more travel advice
- See All Mail Boats
- Tips for Diving
- Sunscreen sunscreen sunscreen
- See All Japanese Consulate
- See All Conch
dlandt's Related Pages
Nassau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nassau - Capital of the Bahamas"
- "Islands in the sea"
- "Happiness is Quite O-Cay"
- "My Wonderful trip to Nassau"
- "Pics from diving the reef"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nassau
- Hotels in Nassau
- Transportation in Nassau
- Nightlife in Nassau
- Restaurants in Nassau
- Shopping in Nassau
- Warnings and Dangers in Nassau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nassau
- 26 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Nassau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nassau
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 58 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois Intro, 36 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokushima Intro, 35 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wisconsin Intro, 42 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 45 reviews, 76 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 24 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 36 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 22 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nassau Intro, 26 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues