"Puerto Escondido - Surfers Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Escondido by leffe3
Puerto Escondido Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 164 photos
Seem strange having been to PE that we deliberated for so long as to whether to base ourselves in PE or in Puerto Angelo, further east along the coast. No competition! PE is, suprisingly, a low-key 'development', virtually no high-rise hotels, enough infrastructure to keep you happy, but certainly not so much that it felt as if the town had been developed purely for tourism. The surfers beach (miles of it) in the eastern part is the more developed. But with decent restaurants, a few bars and a great location to explore the coast, its a great place to unwind. And if you are into surfing - those breakers....
It's so easy going - although one slight criticism is that the 'highway' (not a particuarly large or over busy one) cuts the town in two - thus the residential part is up the hill, whilst the play area is on the other side of the highway. More pyschological than physical, but it's still there.
- Cons:beach/tourist area is cut off from the rest of the town
- In a nutshell:Total relaxation
You can cruise through the laguna spotting the various birdlife, and for an hour or so, even for non-bird watchers it... more travel advice
Mid-way between Puerto Escondido and Puerto Angelo is Playa Agua Blanca (small dirt road the only access - but at least... more travel advice
leffe3's Related Pages
Puerto Escondido Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puerto Escondido, a surfers paradise."
- "The perfect chillout place."
- "A good place to chill out for a few days"
- "Puerto Escondido - Surfers Paradise"
- "surfers, yes. single, no."
- "Puerto Escondido"
- "Hammok Heaven"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Escondido
- Hotels in Puerto Escondido
- Transportation in Puerto Escondido
- Nightlife in Puerto Escondido
- Restaurants in Puerto Escondido
- Shopping in Puerto Escondido
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Escondido
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Escondido
- 17 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Puerto Escondido?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Escondido
Photos in Puerto EscondidoSee All Photos (61)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 113 reviews, 239 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 76 reviews, 275 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Victoria Intro, 54 reviews, 230 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 84 reviews, 185 photos, 3 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 51 reviews, 185 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 50 reviews, 157 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 45 reviews, 135 photos
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 110 photos
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 137 photos