"Provincetown" Top 5 Page for this destination Provincetown by leffe3
Provincetown Travel Guide: 197 reviews and 397 photos
What a fabulous little place (although I'm not so sure if I would feel the same way about it during the height of the summer when the population of 3000 swells to the region of 90,000 revellers!) sited on the northern tip of Cape Cod.
New England's Gay Mecca it certainly is, with bars, clubs and entertainment very clear about its target groups. But rubbing shoulders with Muscle Marys and wannabe drag queens are Mr & Mrs from Tennessee with their 3 children in tow. And all the better it is for it.
Fantastic location - its own beach but a short cycle away from the Cape Cod National Sea Shore and the glories of Herring Point and Race Bay - miles of almost unbroken beaches and sand-dunes.
And somehow, in spite of it being a major holiday destination, it remains a charming and pictureque town. White clapperboard may dominate, but its not twee. The fishing docks are prominent on the sea front, detemining that whatever happens, its still a working town.
But one of the simple pleasures of Provincetown is walking the streets. Clapperboard abounds, creating an archetypal New... more travel advice
With it being a working port, boats are everywhere in Provincetown. But it's not just the fishing boats, whale watching... more travel advice
- Old fashioned comforts
- Rainbow hues
- See All Cocktails and drag
leffe3's Related Pages
Provincetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Provincetown ~ Cape Cod"
- "Land's End"
- "2nd Stop,Cape Cod National Seashore"
- "zChris's Provincetown"
- "The many charms of Cape Cod...."
- "Provincetown, MA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincetown
- Hotels in Provincetown
- Transportation in Provincetown
- Nightlife in Provincetown
- Restaurants in Provincetown
- Shopping in Provincetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincetown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincetown
- 23 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Provincetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincetown
Photos in ProvincetownSee All Photos (55)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 113 reviews, 239 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 76 reviews, 275 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- State of Victoria Intro, 54 reviews, 230 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 84 reviews, 185 photos, 3 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 51 reviews, 185 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 50 reviews, 157 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 45 reviews, 135 photos
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 110 photos
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 137 photos