"Jordan" Jordan by leffe3

Jordan Travel Guide: 4,279 reviews and 11,241 photos

OK - I'll be honest. I approached Jordan with the view that Petra was the main destination and that we may as well as add a few days on while we were there (oh, and see Jarash). What a genuine surprise. We were basically bowled over by the place.

11 days and with 4 nights devoted to Petra/Wadi Musa, the schedule was to take the King's Highway out of Amman. Didn't take to Amman (although extraordinarily friendly), took a side trip to Jarash and the crusader castle of Ajloun to the north, and then drove via Madaba, Karak and Dana to Petra. Managed a trip to Wadi Rum before heading back to Amman along the Jordan Valley and the Dead Sea.

The diversity of the country took us completely by surprise, and while the weather wasn't the best (the day after we visited Ajloun it snowed!), the general view was that Jordan is a very beautiful country. And extraordinarily welcoming.

• Last visit to Jordan: Feb 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 7, 2006

• ania70pl's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2003 at 1:41 PM

I hope Jordan will be my holiday destination next year. Thanks for leting me know that there is something more than Petra and Dead Sea.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2003 at 10:45 PM

Great adventure and wonderful descriptions. As expected, the weather always seems to be great in that area.

leffe3

“Be well, eat well - and laugh”

Badges & Stats in Jordan