"Jordan" Jordan by leffe3
Jordan Travel Guide: 4,417 reviews and 11,792 photos
OK - I'll be honest. I approached Jordan with the view that Petra was the main destination and that we may as well as add a few days on while we were there (oh, and see Jarash). What a genuine surprise. We were basically bowled over by the place.
11 days and with 4 nights devoted to Petra/Wadi Musa, the schedule was to take the King's Highway out of Amman. Didn't take to Amman (although extraordinarily friendly), took a side trip to Jarash and the crusader castle of Ajloun to the north, and then drove via Madaba, Karak and Dana to Petra. Managed a trip to Wadi Rum before heading back to Amman along the Jordan Valley and the Dead Sea.
Heading towards Karak along the King's Highway, the scenic road is spectacular - and much greener than anticipated... more travel advice
Capital of Jordan, formerly known as Philadelphia, there's been a settlement here for 2500 years. sadly, I didn't take... more travel advice
leffe3's Related Pages
Jordan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Discover Jordan"
- "A country full of history and fantastic places"
- "It was Fun!"
- "Adventures in Jordan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jordan
- Hotels in Jordan
- Transportation in Jordan
- Nightlife in Jordan
- Restaurants in Jordan
- Shopping in Jordan
- Warnings and Dangers in Jordan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jordan
- 68 Reviews
- 279 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Jordan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jordan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 113 reviews, 239 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 76 reviews, 275 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Victoria Intro, 54 reviews, 230 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 84 reviews, 185 photos, 3 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 51 reviews, 185 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 50 reviews, 157 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 45 reviews, 135 photos
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 110 photos
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 137 photos