"Sandomierz" Sandomierz by leffe3

Sandomierz Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 137 photos

What a delightful little town. Predominantly baroque in style, set atop a hill and overlooking the river and valley below (unfortunately Poland does not make the most of its river locations and towns tend to turn their back on such natural settings). But there survives some of the Medieval past: a walk through the old gate into the cobbled streets of the old town, wondering through the various hues of baroque town and merchant houses, a visit to the vaulted cellars and secret passages under the town itself, coffee and cake in the old square - delightful

Under construction

• Last visit to Sandomierz: Jul 2000
  • Intro Updated Jan 6, 2003

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2010 at 9:34 AM

What a delightful town!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2007 at 4:56 AM

I'm back for another visit. Loved this little town. You are still under construction? Please let me know when finished. You obviously enjoyed it as much as we did.

• gosiaPL's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2006 at 11:58 PM

You've captured the atmosphere of this town perfectly! I had exactly the same feelings when I visited it 2 years ago.

• orlikins's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2003 at 1:49 AM

remember reading about the raid at Krzytopor castle - now i know what it looks like , thanks ! :)

• Jun 1, 2003 at 1:47 PM

It's a place well documented on the tourist circuit, so I'm surprised yours is the only page.

• May 17, 2003 at 6:58 PM

never been there before but by the way you describe Sandomierz, it makes me wish I have ;)

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2003 at 7:12 PM

Terrific! Very nice photos and interesting and informative commentary. Wonderful subject as well. I enjoy the off-the-beaten-track treasures such as Sandomierz.

• ania70pl's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2003 at 2:51 PM

What a beautiful page. I've never been in Sandomierz but looking at your pics I feel I should go there.

• katmag's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2003 at 12:20 PM

Beautiful view of the Wisla River! Thanx.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2003 at 12:49 AM

What an interesting place! Yes, your photos are gorgeous Keith!

leffe3

“Be well, eat well - and laugh”

Badges & Stats in Sandomierz

Have you been to Sandomierz?

Latest Activity in Sandomierz