"Alcobaca" Alcobaça by leffe3
Alcobaça Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 449 photos
A sleepy town north of Lisbon and about 40 kms north of Obidos, the main reason for visiting is the Cistercian Mosteiro de Santa Maria - Portugal's largest church
- Pros:The impressive Monasteiro
- Cons:Nothing else there
- In a nutshell:perfect place to stop off on the way to somewhere else
Another of the highlights of the monastery is the Cloister of Dom Dinis. An incredibly beautiful and yet simple design,... more travel advice
Simplicity itself - austere and huge, emphasising the meekness of mankind. Thankfully all the baroque additions similar... more travel advice
leffe3's Related Pages
Alcobaça Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alcobaca and the West"
- "Alcobaça - known for its Monastery & more !!"
- "Alcobaca - UNESCO site"
- "Alcobaça's Gem"
- "Alcobaca, UNESCO World Heritage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alcobaça
- Hotels in Alcobaça
- Transportation in Alcobaça
- Nightlife in Alcobaça
- Restaurants in Alcobaça
- Shopping in Alcobaça
- Warnings and Dangers in Alcobaça
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alcobaça
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Alcobaça?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alcobaça
Photos in AlcobaçaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 113 reviews, 239 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 76 reviews, 275 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Victoria Intro, 54 reviews, 230 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 84 reviews, 185 photos, 3 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 51 reviews, 185 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 50 reviews, 157 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 45 reviews, 135 photos
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 110 photos
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 137 photos