"Batalha" Batalha by leffe3
Batalha Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 447 photos
Anothe sleepy little Portuguese town a few miles north-east of Alcobaca is the home for what is regarded as the masterpiece of Portuguese Gothic architecture - the Dominican Abbey of Santa Maria da Vitoria - and has earned itself UNESCO world monument status.
And with the main entrance facing west, time it right and you will see the portal and main tower picked out beautifully by the setting sun.
In spite of all the plans, and the incredible detail that went into the design and building of the place, Manuel... more travel advice
Spectacular cloisters are to be found at the monastery, the Gothic being added to as they were in Manueline style by... more travel advice
leffe3's Related Pages
Batalha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Batalha, Portugal"
- "Batalha - UNESCO site"
- "VT TOUR TO BATALHA"
- "Batalha - [The "Batlle"]"
- "The Monastery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Batalha
- Hotels in Batalha
- Transportation in Batalha
- Restaurants in Batalha
- Shopping in Batalha
- Warnings and Dangers in Batalha
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Batalha
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Batalha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Batalha
Photos in BatalhaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 113 reviews, 239 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 76 reviews, 275 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Victoria Intro, 54 reviews, 230 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 84 reviews, 185 photos, 3 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 51 reviews, 185 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 50 reviews, 157 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 45 reviews, 135 photos
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 110 photos
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 137 photos