"Tsavo East" Top 5 Page for this destination Tsavo National Park East by leffe3
Tsavo National Park East Travel Guide: 115 reviews and 293 photos
Its bigger than Wales!!!!
I was like a 5 year old, so excited was I when I booked the 2 day safari from Malindi. Couple hundred dollars it may have been, but this was a dream come true within the realms of affordability - even if it meant getting up at 5am!
Collected at the hotel in the centre of Malindi, stop off at Watamou and the various beach hotels there and we were off into the interior and a 3 hour drive. Coffee stop (and tourist paraphanalia shopping opps) meant fellow travellers had chance to wake up and get to know each other a bit better. Weird that we were all either Brits or Irish! We were to spend the next two days together so worth getting to know each other for sure.
In the park by about 830am - mornings and twilight being the best time for animal spotting. And as you will read in the tips, we struck gold with our guide and the sightings.
Format was approx 3 hour drive, stop for lunch (longer than anticipated as we got a puncture - so we went swimming at the pool of the rest stop!), drive to the hotel through stunning countryside, dinner at the hotel, relatively early night as pre-breakfast game drive at 6am - 2 hours of that (including a pretty close sticky-beak at Kilimanjaro - although probably hundereds of miles away in real terms-:)), departure around 11am and a 5 hour drive back to the coast. Pretty exhausting but worth every minute of it.
My first elephant (and it wasn't to be the last). Look in the bushes to the right - you can see a baby copying - mom? dad? - with its trunk.
Inside the park itself, Voi provides accommodation or, more commonly, is used as a lunch pit stop for the safari jeeps.... more travel advice
The lizard and others came to see us at Voi Guest House and Rest Stop, where she stayed for lunch (and found we had a... more travel advice
leffe3's Related Pages
Tsavo National Park East Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tsavo East's DARKNESS, BEAUTY & ADVENTURE!"
- "my first safari"
- "Tsavo East"
- "Tsavo East"
- "Tsavo East - Red Elefants and More"
- "TSAVO EAST"
- "My very first safari"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tsavo National Park East
- Hotels in Tsavo National Park East
- Transportation in Tsavo National Park East
- Nightlife in Tsavo National Park East
- Restaurants in Tsavo National Park East
- Warnings and Dangers in Tsavo National Park East
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tsavo National Park East
- 17 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Tsavo National Park East?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tsavo National Park East
Photos in Tsavo National Park EastSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 113 reviews, 239 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 76 reviews, 275 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Victoria Intro, 54 reviews, 230 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 84 reviews, 185 photos, 3 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 51 reviews, 185 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 50 reviews, 157 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 45 reviews, 135 photos
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 110 photos
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 137 photos