"Sinai, Egypt" Top 5 Page for this destination Nuweiba` by leffe3
Nuweiba` Travel Guide: 133 reviews and 256 photos
Someone once said that if you believe in God and creation, then Sinai is probably the place where it all started.
Sinai is desolately beautiful - multi coloured sand, sandstone canyons, ochre cliffs, blue blue seas, pink granite mountains, yellow sunrises and red sunsets. The light is extraordinary, helping pick out the spectacular landscapes and creating fabulous sunrises and sunsets - literally see the sea red
The natural splendour is further enhanced by the biblical tradition - Mount Sinai (Moses/10 Commandments); St Catherine's Monastery (Burning Bush) and others.
It is also regarded as one of the world's best places for diving - the landsacpes below the sea mirror those exposed to the naked eye.
Distance from Cairo is such that this a pretty isolated and generally under-developed area (with exception of Sharm el Sheikh ont he very southern tip of the peninsula and Taba in the far north which virtually forms the border with Israel) - a few hotel resorts when the area was controlled by the Israelis and 2-3 newer luxury developments and baisc beach hut accommodation is all you will find along the Gulf of Aqaba.
Sinai is a place for relaxation. It can be a life of living by the rising and setting of the sun, if you so wish... more travel advice
This part of the world is seen as one of the world's best for diving and snorkelling. It is quite amazing - just a... more travel advice
leffe3's Related Pages
Nuweiba` Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to The Monastery of St Catherine."
- "Sinai, Egypt"
- " Little Paradise.... "
- "The Colored Canyon and Nuweiba"
- "Nuweiba - Easter 2005"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nuweiba`
- Hotels in Nuweiba`
- Transportation in Nuweiba`
- Nightlife in Nuweiba`
- Restaurants in Nuweiba`
- Shopping in Nuweiba`
- Warnings and Dangers in Nuweiba`
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nuweiba`
- 16 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Nuweiba`?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nuweiba`
Photos in Nuweiba`See All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 113 reviews, 239 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 76 reviews, 275 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Victoria Intro, 54 reviews, 230 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 84 reviews, 185 photos, 3 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 51 reviews, 185 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 50 reviews, 157 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 45 reviews, 135 photos
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 110 photos
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 137 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (47)
Latest Nuweiba` hotel reviews
- Nakhil Inn & Nakhil Dream
- 135 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Tropicana Nuweiba Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 23, 2006
- Swisscare Nuweiba Resort Hotel
- 119 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2013
- Hilton Nuweiba Coral Resort
- 472 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Domina Elaria Nuweiba Hotel and Resort
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Ciao Nuweiba Hotel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2012