Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Hotel Tips by leffe3
Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Hotels: 612 reviews and 78 photos
Approx 22 kms from the rock and on the outskirts of the National Park is the tourist 'resort' of Yularu. It has been built specifically to accommodate the hordes of tourists that now descend on the Park.
The next accommodation is some 200kms away, so to come here you are basically a captive audience - and sadly the costs reflect this. Even taking into account its relatively isolated position, the prices charged are way over the top.
In spite of there being a choice of accomodation, the whole complex is owned by the same company:-
Sails In the Desert - by far the most expensive (A$450-550 per room - I kid you not!) is pretty luxurious but extraordinarily lacking in character or atmosphere.
Desert Garden (A$320-370 - the latter with views over the Rock). Chalets or small blocks, the deluxe rooms are huge with 2 double beds (the only real option if you don't mind sharing rooms but not beds). But again, a little like an airport waiting room in the public rooms, although nice pool
Outback Pioneer - (A$300) - this is the luxury end the rooms in this complex within the complex.If you want to pay these sort of prices, I'd go for Desert Gardens - this is the place with the most atmosphere re bars etc so can get a bit noisy!
The Lost Camel (A$170) is probably the nicest place, pretty funky (see annathrax's pages) but aimed at couples - one double bed only per room
Outback Pioneer Lodge (A$150/170) much more basic cabins with either shared or en suite facilities as well as. Also have dorm accommodation in small and large dorms (A$30-50)
There is also the camp site.
Its worth remembering that youhave access to all facilities throughout the complex - so you can use any of the pools where ever you are staying.
Unique Qualities: The accommodation is fine, the prices not!
Comparison: most expensive
More Reviews (15)
leffe3's Related Pages
Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "G'Day from the Red Centre"
- "IMPREXXION: YULARA-ULURU"
- "Living at `The Rock`"
- "The Red and Hot Centre"
- "Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Watarrka NP"
- "Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park"
- "Uluru National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Hotels in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Transportation in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Nightlife in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Restaurants in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Shopping in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Warnings and Dangers in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pensao Residencial Geres
- Hotel Allegro Chicago - A Kimpton Hotel
- Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
- Chumash Casino Resort Hotel
- Gloria Serenity Resort
- Ramada Pudong Airport Shanghai
- Isaiah Tubbs Resort & Conference Centre
- Hotel Vista Grande Osaka
- Kersbrook Hotel
- Riverview Hotel
- Hotel Valsabbion
- Home Inn Beijing Guomao
- Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia / Pasadena Area
- Formule 1 Johannesburg Midrand
Badges & Stats in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- 16 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 24 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
Photos in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)See All Photos (37)
Read real reviews about Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 113 reviews, 239 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 76 reviews, 275 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Victoria Intro, 54 reviews, 230 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 84 reviews, 185 photos, 3 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 51 reviews, 185 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 50 reviews, 157 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 45 reviews, 135 photos
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 110 photos
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 137 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (46)
Latest Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) hotel reviews
- Sails in the Desert Ayers Rock Resort
- 728 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Desert Gardens Hotel
- 685 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Outback Pioneer Hotel
- 581 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Ayers Rock Campground
- 179 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- The Lost Camel Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions