"Binyamina" Binyamina by leffe3
Binyamina Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 27 photos
Binyamina is something of a surprise.
To be found on the main railway line between Tel Aviv and Haifa, and one of the important inter-city express stops, the sleepy little town is nothing like you would expect.
It's been around since 1922 and named after one of the Rothschild's, but it has a feel of an extended moshav rather than a town. The palm-lined main street has its shops hidden behind trees and enormous bougainvillea plants (as is most of the town) and there's little more than a few 4 or 5 cafes, a couple of banks, hairdressers and a local general store. (There's probably a few more but off the side streets and hidden behind those trees!).
It's an incredibly relaxed place with everything at a slow pace - not what you would expect with that train station! But, at only 40-45 minutes from Tel Aviv and 20 minutes from Haifa, Binyamina is a burgeoning commuter town, with new neighbourhoods under construction to the west of the railway line (which I didn't see). The station also serves Zichron Yaakov (up the hill - take the number 70 bus outside the station) and Giv'at Ada - and is not far from Caeserea (although there is a closer station the National Park).
One of the main attractions of Binyamina for tourism is the Binyamina Vineyard - one of the biggest in Israel with 4 million bottles a year currently produced - and, more recently, the Tishbi Vineyard.
But the fertile land around the town makes it a farmer's dream, and there a number of cycle rides around the flat landscape - and Zichron Yaakov is a mere 5 or so miles up the hill and the beginning of the Carmel Mountain. And a short walk out of Binyamina towards Zichron is Park Jabotinsky.
leffe3's Related Pages
Binyamina Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Binyamina
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Binyamina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Binyamina
Photos in BinyaminaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 113 reviews, 239 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 76 reviews, 275 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Victoria Intro, 54 reviews, 230 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 84 reviews, 185 photos, 3 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 51 reviews, 185 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 50 reviews, 157 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 45 reviews, 135 photos
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 110 photos
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 137 photos