"Nazareth" Top 5 Page for this destination Nazareth by leffe3
Nazareth Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 591 photos
Nothing is straightforward in Israel, and Nazareth highlights this. The 'capital' of the Israeli-Arab population in the north, it is 100% Israeli-Arab. The city suffers from under-investment by the State. But within the city, there is also the problem of the relationship between Muslims (60%) and Christians (40%). In spite of it being the home of Jesus, there are more mosques than churches.
A modern, bustling city, Nazareth is not quite what tourists expect!
Built high on one of the hills surrounding Nazareth, this early 20th century church and attached buildings command a... more travel advice
Greek Orthodox story varies from the rest of the Christian world in that this 17th century church (replacing earlier... more travel advice
leffe3's Related Pages
Nazareth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nazareth - the childhood home of Jesus"
- "The Holy Land"
- "Holy Churches and Colorful Markets"
- "Beautiful, busy Nazareth"
- "The City of Jesus"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nazareth
- Hotels in Nazareth
- Transportation in Nazareth
- Nightlife in Nazareth
- Restaurants in Nazareth
- Shopping in Nazareth
- Warnings and Dangers in Nazareth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nazareth
- 6 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Nazareth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nazareth
Photos in NazarethSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 113 reviews, 239 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 76 reviews, 275 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Victoria Intro, 54 reviews, 230 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 84 reviews, 185 photos, 3 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 51 reviews, 185 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 50 reviews, 157 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 45 reviews, 135 photos
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 110 photos
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 137 photos