"My (former) adopted home town" Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo by leffe3
Tel Aviv-Yafo Travel Guide: 1,197 reviews and 2,900 photos
Tel Aviv is a place once visited, never forgotten. I was priviliged to have lived here for more than five and a half years and continue to visit. A fantastic time, an amazing city (and country) and extraordinary people. I left in February 2003 - and I still miss it.
Many things are said about Tel Aviv in comparison to other Israeli cities. In Jerusalem they look after the stones, in Tel Aviv they look after the people. In Jerusalem they pray, in Haifa they work, in Tel Aviv they play.
It may not be the most beautiful of cities, but it is located on the coast with great beaches right in the centre of the city, has gained a reputation as a 24 hour party city and has the biggest concentration of International (Bauhaus) style architecture in the world. It is also very much the place where the east meets the west - the north of the city being very much the European: south Tel Aviv and the Florentine and Yemenite districts distinctly Middle Eastern.
It continues to be a city that re-invents itself. Not only in terms of the physical rejuvenation and new, stunningly designed (generally) new buildings, but a positive air, reflected by a city that values design - just check out the contents of the shops in Ben Yehuda (northern end - a street that was 'dowdy' and uninspiring only 12 months ago) and Dizengoff, as well as some of the back streets off Allenby, as well as the interior design of shops, cafes and restaurants.
Whilst part of the everyday of Tel Aviv, one of the city's main attractions is the 4,000+ buildings in the... more travel advice
To me, the Azrieli Centre represents the beginning of the 'new' for Tel Aviv, with its deeply impressive iconic... more travel advice
- See All Amazing burger
- See All One of Tel Aviv's finest
- Ramat Gan
- See All A bit'o cultcha
- See All Cityscape
leffe3's Related Pages
Tel Aviv-Yafo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "24/7 of Fun"
- "Tel Aviv-Yafo - Alive 24 Hours A Day"
- "Were you looking for a city that never sleeps?"
- "Tel Aviv - Israel's biggest city"
- "My (former) adopted home town"
- "Bregman's Tel-Aviv Yafo Page"
- "The White City Built on Sand Dunes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Hotels in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Transportation in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Nightlife in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Restaurants in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Shopping in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Warnings and Dangers in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- 84 Reviews
- 185 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Tel Aviv-Yafo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tel Aviv-Yafo
Photos in Tel Aviv-YafoSee All Photos (185)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 113 reviews, 239 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 76 reviews, 275 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Victoria Intro, 54 reviews, 230 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 84 reviews, 185 photos, 3 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 51 reviews, 185 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 50 reviews, 157 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 45 reviews, 135 photos
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 110 photos
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 137 photos