"La Ciudad de las Lomas - The city on the hills" San German by eduar68
San German Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 13 photos
The city is located about 2 hrs drive of San Juan. The city moved its location all around south-western Puerto Rico. His first foundation was in the bay of Guánica in 1512. From there they moved due to mosquitos and went to the bay of Añasco that same year. The Caribbean attacks in that coast forced them to return to the south, this time to the port of Guayanilla in 1556. Due to the English and French attacks they again change this time to Hills of Santa Marta where they took root definitively in 1573.
After many years of decay, there is a new movement towards recontruction and rehabilitation of old downtown structures, many from 19th and early 20th C. but some as old as the early 17th C.
This building also known as Casa Tomás Vivoni after the architect who build it in 1913, shows the prosperity of local... more travel advice
eduar68's Related Pages
San German Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San German"
- "La Ciudad de las Lomas - The city on the hills"
- "Keeper of the 7 Keys: San German"
- "Flojo27's new San German Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San German
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to San German?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San German
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paraguay Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos
- Ponce Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vieques Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Chicago Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- San German Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Puerto Rico Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- San Juan 6 reviews, 4 photos
- San Sebastián Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Pucón Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Quebec Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Top San German hotels
- San German Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 4 Photos