"Ericeira, The pearl of Portuguese surfing" Ericeira by mocca
Ericeira Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 190 photos
There is something that draws bodyboarders and surfers from all around the world to Ericeira.
The waves that crash on the reefs here.
The sight is breathtaking, and when you catch one, it can be the best ride of your life.
But that is not all that makes this a beautifull getaway.
If you don't look at the ugly appartments which are to the east of the centre, the town itself is a nice little fishing village where you can sample the finest atlantic seafood and fish.
- Pros:good food, good waves, friendly people
- Cons:tourist development has gone bit crazy
- In a nutshell:nice little fishing village, with some of the best waves in the world
It is a nice getaway from Ericiera, and it isn't too far. It takes just over an hour if you take the bus. If you have... more travel advice
Written Mar 13, 2005
Waves of Pedra Branca
Written Mar 13, 2005
The Reef, a very heavy wave
mocca's Related Pages
Ericeira Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nice Place"
- "Ericeira - where land meets the ocean"
- "The Atlantic and the Tradition"
- "Pretty little town on Portugals west coast."
- "Surf camp, ericeira"
- "Windy and Beautiful"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ericeira
- 2 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Ericeira?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ericeira
Photos in EriceiraSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Rotterdam Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barbados Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Escondido Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Cook Islands Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Sofia Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Monte Rico Intro, 14 reviews, 8 photos
- Chicago Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Mexico Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
Latest Ericeira hotel reviews
- Blue Buddha Hostel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 27, 2012