"Gauteng = PWV" Gauteng by kenHuocj
Gauteng Travel Guide: 1,519 reviews and 3,071 photos
the economic and industrial heart of South Africa.
The centre of all is the Witwatersrand, the ridge from which gold was discovered originally in Langalaagte, west of Johannesburg CBD.
towns that developed eat and west of JHB were mainly related to the Gold Industry, which later from Klerksdorp swung south West into the Free Sate mines.
- Pros:60% of country's population and economy probably found here
- Cons:where there's money, there's congestion and some BAD elelments, but can be avoided
- In a nutshell:The economic heart of South Africa
The Forum Homini five star boutique hotel Roots prices: Mon-Fri: Breakfast R130 pp (3 Course Gourmet Meal) Mon-Fri:... more travel advice
a hangover of the past is that there are many "dormitary" areas where the Workers and " Non Whites" live, It's best to... more travel advice
kenHuocj's Related Pages
Gauteng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gauteng – Place of Gold"
- "Cradle of Mankind - Sterkfontien"
- "Gauteng ~ the strongest province in South Africa!"
- "South Africa's very own New York City!!!"
- "PICKING UP MY CAR AND GOING"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gauteng
- Hotels in Gauteng
- Transportation in Gauteng
- Nightlife in Gauteng
- Restaurants in Gauteng
- Shopping in Gauteng
- Warnings and Dangers in Gauteng
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gauteng
- 65 Reviews
- 170 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Gauteng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gauteng
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 55 reviews, 161 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 35 reviews, 85 photos, 7 travelogues
- Pretoria Intro, 39 reviews, 79 photos, 6 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 32 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Orleans Intro, 22 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos, 6 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 10 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 19 reviews, 60 photos, 7 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cederberg Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue