"Foshan ~ 佛山" Top 5 Page for this destination Foshan by kenHuocj
Foshan Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 104 photos
At Last a vist to my Father's Place of Birth , Majiao (馬 窖) Village under the jurisdiction of Lecong (樂從鎮).
Regrettably in 1973 when a plan visit to Shunde District 順德區, which as one of five county-level divisions, is administered by the prefecture-level city of Foshan
I stayed 20 days with family in Majiao (馬 窖), Lecong (樂從鎮) and Beijiao (北滘镇),
Catching up with family members who i had never met before,
eating, eating and eating,
plus visiting a few tourist spots.
fortunately my visit overlapped the Spring Festival a.k.a Lunar new year,
thus cousins and nephews and nieces were around to take me places
Guangdong province, notably the Pearl River Delta, is known for its sub tropical climate, the variety of vegetables, seafoods, meats allow the use of fresh ingredients.
Spring Festival means many New Year Traditions and dishes with symbolic names towards better health and prosperity. This being my first visit to Father's origins required me to invite members of the immediate clan members to dinner, plus those hosted by my cousins were opportunities to get to know them and the extended family's backgrounds in greater detail.
Cantonese cuisine, especially in the Shunde area is exciting, tasty, varied in textures and preparation. Not surprisingly, i had neither a Mac Donald Burger nor a piece of Kentucky Fried CHicken, even Time Hortons, Timbits and Starbucks like English was not part of me there.
Visited Qinghui Garden, one China's ten noted gardens, in Dai Liang opposite the New World shopping mall and hotel
Foshan Ancestral Temple ( Zumiao) dates originally from the second half of the 11th C.
Ceramic Capital in south China—Shiwan,
Daliiang's Shunfeng Mountain Park (顺峰山公园)
Chen Clan Ancestral Hall in Shajiao
Private home built about 1918 classief as Category 2 for heritage preservaion
- Pros:so much to recollect, consider , to meet to discover, to learn . . . .
- Cons:wish i had done this trip 50 years ago, or when again ? ? ?
- In a nutshell:like the delicate litlle stoneware figurines, exotic, curious, colourful, albeit sometimes gaudy n loud ;-)))
visit the Ancient Nanfeng kiln, i firat viaited in the early 90's and again in Feb. 2010 the latter with my cousin who... more travel advice
Being in the Shunde region, Foshan City which is famous for its gastronomic skills, and that i was there visiting family... more travel advice
kenHuocj's Related Pages
Foshan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Origin of Bruce Lee and Huang Feihong's Kung Fu"
- "Shunde, what will you provide us?"
- "The old City"
- "Foshan visit"
- "Foshan ~ 佛山"
- "One day in Foshan"
- "Foshan - the buddist hill of southen China"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Foshan
- Hotels in Foshan
- Transportation in Foshan
- Nightlife in Foshan
- Restaurants in Foshan
- Shopping in Foshan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Foshan
- 4 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Foshan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Foshan
Photos in FoshanSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 46 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 33 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
- Pretoria Intro, 37 reviews, 76 photos, 6 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 19 reviews, 60 photos, 7 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 18 reviews, 59 photos, 6 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 8 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Orleans Intro, 19 reviews, 56 photos
- Cederberg Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Africa Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Foshan hotel reviews
- Crowne Plaza Foshan
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Courtyard by Marriott Shunde
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 31, 2012
- High Point Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 7, 2013
- Fortuna Hotel
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 29, 2013
- Chancheng Hotel Foshan
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 12, 2012
- Butterfly Valley Hotel Foshan
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2012