"Home Sweet Home, despite -40 C windchill" Ottawa by kenHuocj
Ottawa Travel Guide: 1,800 reviews and 4,432 photos
Spending much time with my Veggie boxes,
but will get out to surrounding towns soon.
Squashes ( Kabocha, zucchini, dong gwah and See gwah ) with tomatoes, radishes, and herbs keep the soul and tummy contnet
Rideau Hall is where the Right Honourable David Johnston and wife lives. he is now in South America and on Dec 2nd he was in Lima Peru, offspring who is having a board meeting with %K[http://www.cusointernational.org/]CUSO%L*, part of the international links this country has with the rest of the world
With the National Parliament in this city, we have most countries with seats in the United Nations represented here, I am contemplating a travelogue of the different Embassy/High Commissions Buildings which are not as spectacular in other ciities, but many are grand old residences of Ottawa in years gone by.
PM Harper's head tax apology on behalf of the Government
thanks to our Member of Parliament i was able to be present with a few head tax payers, their families and off spring at a historic closing speech in the House of Commons;
Having been exposed directly to Legislated Discrimination in the southern hemisphere before coming to Canada; I feel for those who were more emotionally moved.
The Last ceremonial Spike of the Railway was brought to Ottawa by Ralph Lung Kee Lee, 106
- Pros:a city of museums, greenery and more (SNOW)- friendly too
- Cons:always hoping for Political maturity and less partisan governing
- In a nutshell:A MUST visit for all Canadians and visitors
Artisan Breads is what one watches out for in Ottawa, the latest to appear on Wellington Street West, Hintonburg is... more travel advice
once or twice a year, Mac Donald offers free coffees, need less to say, when it is free, why not. The past week included... more travel advice
- See All Good Intentions, but ............
- See All Airport & Bus Service
- See All Using Google Maps ~ for Directions
- See All well placed Hotel
- See All Almost a record Winter with another...
kenHuocj's Related Pages
Ottawa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CANADA - OTTAWA"
- "My Home town.....a work in progress : o ]"
- "O t t a w a"
- "Definitely A Tale Of Two Cities!!"
- "Ottawa, Ontario! The Canadian Capital!"
- "The capital city of Canada"
- "Ottawa! The Capital!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ottawa
- Hotels in Ottawa
- Transportation in Ottawa
- Nightlife in Ottawa
- Restaurants in Ottawa
- Shopping in Ottawa
- Warnings and Dangers in Ottawa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ottawa
- 50 Reviews
- 139 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 177 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Ottawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ottawa
- Commented on one of kenHuocj's Ottawa tips
- Posted in Travel Victoria Forum "Re: BEST Fish'n'Chip restaurant?"
- Wrote a Review Food Entrepreneurs in Ottawa in Ottawa Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Food Entrepreneurs in Ottawa"
- updated a Ottawa Travelogue "Parliament in National Capital Region"
- Uploaded a Video to Ottawa
Photos in OttawaSee All Photos (139)
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 50 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 33 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
- Pretoria Intro, 38 reviews, 76 photos, 6 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 31 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 6 travelogues
- Orleans Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canada Intro, 10 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 19 reviews, 60 photos, 7 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cederberg Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue