"Birthdays, Elections , Harvesting" Ottawa by kenHuocj
Ottawa Travel Guide: 1,831 reviews and 4,556 photos
Oscar Peterson the famed Jazz Pianist born in Montreal is aptly recognised in the National Capital Region a few steps fro Parliament . For busriders on the Transit System along Albert at Elgin, i.e. SW corner of NAC- National Art Centre, sun or snow the man is there in front pf his piano, it is said to be the most photographed sculpture by tourists.
Until the LRT officially opens in 2018, i , for one, will enjoy waving to him or hum his Hymm to Freedom as the bus passes by.
Hidden for days until June 30th, 2010 when Queen Elizabeth II Unveiled the masterpiece
Paul Lauzo's Blog with You Tube links of the free concert outdoors has many photos but i too will have a review
It has been announced, the leaders are in their buses rolling across the country canvassing for votes,
my expectations, a minority Government. the world economy is so unstable, the elecetorate will not want a majority government at this stage.
. . . . . . . . .
With the National Parliament in this city, we have most countries with seats in the United Nations represented here, I am contemplating a travelogue of the different Embassy/High Commissions Buildings which are not as spectacular in other cities, but many are grand old residences of Ottawa in years gone by.
PM Harper's head tax apology on behalf of the Government
thanks to our Member of Parliament i was able to be present with a few head tax payers, their families and off spring at a historic closing speech in the House of Commons;
Having been exposed ,directly to Legislated Discrimination in the southern hemisphere before coming to Canada; I feel for those who were more emotionally moved.
The Last ceremonial Spike of the Railway was brought to Ottawa by Ralph Lung Kee Lee, 106
I was in Kitchener ON when over the CBC News on computer did we hear about the Shooting at the National War Memorial, followed by the gunman making his way into the Lobby of Parliament , where he was killed.
Interactive timeline from Macleans Magazine online
The double shooting kept most Canadians on tenterhooks following the news, as was the world media.
- Pros:a city of museums, greenery and more, friendly too
- Cons:always hoping for Political maturity and less partisan governing
- In a nutshell:A MUST visit for all Canadians and visitors
It was a gathering associated with African Diasporians who originated fro the southern and western tips of the African... more travel advice
This is about my visits to the Inuit Gallery which is on the Ground level but has to be accesses from the Great Hall,... more travel advice
- See All After the Federal Elections, a new Prime...
- See All JazzFest2015
- See All Decadent desserts
- See All Light Rapid Transport & Tunnel
- See All Rugby @ Twin Elms Park
kenHuocj's Related Pages
Ottawa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CANADA - OTTAWA"
- "My Home town.....a work in progress : o ]"
- "O t t a w a"
- "Definitely A Tale Of Two Cities!!"
- "Ottawa, Ontario! The Canadian Capital!"
- "The capital city of Canada"
- "Birthdays, Elections , Harvesting"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ottawa
- Hotels in Ottawa
- Transportation in Ottawa
- Nightlife in Ottawa
- Restaurants in Ottawa
- Shopping in Ottawa
- Warnings and Dangers in Ottawa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ottawa
- 64 Reviews
- 212 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 168 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Ottawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ottawa
Videos in OttawaSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 64 reviews, 213 photos, 9 travelogues
- Orleans Intro, 29 reviews, 114 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 36 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pretoria Intro, 40 reviews, 87 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 35 reviews, 86 photos, 7 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 27 reviews, 86 photos, 6 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 11 reviews, 73 photos, 8 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos, 6 travelogues