"Shocking Shooting ~ Weds Oct 22nd, 2014" Ottawa by kenHuocj
Ottawa Travel Guide: 1,815 reviews and 4,497 photos
I was in Kitchener ON when over the CBC News on computer did we hear about the Shooting at the National War Memorial, followed by the gunman making his way into the Lobby of Parliament , where he was killed.
Interactive timeline from Macleans Magazine online
The double shooting kept most Canadians on tenterhooks following the news, as was the world media.
Rideau Hall is where the Right Honourable David Johnston and wife lives. he is now in South America and on Dec 2nd he was in Lima Peru, offspring who is having a board meeting with %K[http://www.cusointernational.org/]CUSO%L*, part of the international links this country has with the rest of the world
With the National Parliament in this city, we have most countries with seats in the United Nations represented here, I am contemplating a travelogue of the different Embassy/High Commissions Buildings which are not as spectacular in other ciities, but many are grand old residences of Ottawa in years gone by.
PM Harper's head tax apology on behalf of the Government
thanks to our Member of Parliament i was able to be present with a few head tax payers, their families and off spring at a historic closing speech in the House of Commons;
Having been exposed directly to Legislated Discrimination in the southern hemisphere before coming to Canada; I feel for those who were more emotionally moved.
The Last ceremonial Spike of the Railway was brought to Ottawa by Ralph Lung Kee Lee, 106
- Pros:a city of museums, greenery and more, friendly too
- Cons:always hoping for Political maturity and less partisan governing
- In a nutshell:A MUST visit for all Canadians and visitors
Open the door, and you'll smell the coffee, look left to see a variety of Middle Eastern Pastries, pistachios, honey,... more travel advice
A short walk from the War Memorial on Wellington and Elgin, past the Confederation park and the National Aboriginal... more travel advice
- See All Food Entrepreneurs in Ottawa
- See All Rugby @ Twin Elms Park
- See All Airport & Bus Service
- See All well placed Hotel
kenHuocj's Related Pages
Ottawa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CANADA - OTTAWA"
- "My Home town.....a work in progress : o ]"
- "O t t a w a"
- "Definitely A Tale Of Two Cities!!"
- "Ottawa, Ontario! The Canadian Capital!"
- "The capital city of Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ottawa
- Hotels in Ottawa
- Transportation in Ottawa
- Nightlife in Ottawa
- Restaurants in Ottawa
- Shopping in Ottawa
- Warnings and Dangers in Ottawa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ottawa
- 55 Reviews
- 160 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 165 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Ottawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ottawa
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Wishing everyone a very Merry..."
- Commented on one of Greggor58's Ottawa travel pages
- Wrote a Review Decadent desserts in Ottawa Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "Decadent desserts"
- updated a Ottawa Travel Page "Shocking Shooting ~ Weds Oct 22nd, 2014"
- Uploaded a Video to Ottawa
Photos in OttawaSee All Photos (160)
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 55 reviews, 161 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 35 reviews, 85 photos, 7 travelogues
- Pretoria Intro, 39 reviews, 79 photos, 6 travelogues
- Orleans Intro, 23 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 32 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos, 6 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 10 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 19 reviews, 60 photos, 7 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cederberg Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue