"Home Sweet Home, despite -40 C windchill" Ottawa by kenHuocj

Ottawa Travel Guide: 1,800 reviews and 4,435 photos

Summer in Ottawa

Spending much time with my Veggie boxes,
but will get out to surrounding towns soon.

Squashes ( Kabocha, zucchini, dong gwah and See gwah ) with tomatoes, radishes, and herbs keep the soul and tummy contnet

GG lives in Ottawa - updating soon

Rideau Hall is where the Right Honourable David Johnston and wife lives. he is now in South America and on Dec 2nd he was in Lima Peru, offspring who is having a board meeting with %K[http://www.cusointernational.org/]CUSO%L*, part of the international links this country has with the rest of the world

House of Commons, Thursday 22 June 2006

With the National Parliament in this city, we have most countries with seats in the United Nations represented here, I am contemplating a travelogue of the different Embassy/High Commissions Buildings which are not as spectacular in other ciities, but many are grand old residences of Ottawa in years gone by.

PM Harper's head tax apology on behalf of the Government

thanks to our Member of Parliament i was able to be present with a few head tax payers, their families and off spring at a historic closing speech in the House of Commons;

Having been exposed directly to Legislated Discrimination in the southern hemisphere before coming to Canada; I feel for those who were more emotionally moved.

The Last ceremonial Spike of the Railway was brought to Ottawa by Ralph Lung Kee Lee, 106

• Pros:a city of museums, greenery and more (SNOW)- friendly too
  • Cons:always hoping for Political maturity and less partisan governing
  • In a nutshell:A MUST visit for all Canadians and visitors
  • Last visit to Ottawa: Jan 2013
  • Intro Updated Jul 29, 2013

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Fascinating travel pages on Ottawa! Your Winterlude 2013 photographs are certainly amazing and so are the photographs of the Parliament, Locks and Chateau Laurier from the restaurant. You have certainly created excellent restaurant tips. We especially love your mouth-watering Vietnamese restaurants' photographs and tips. Thanks for sharing these wonderful travel pages. ~ho & pang

• hopang's Profile Photo
      Jan 1, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Hi Ken, Happy New Year to you too! ~ho & pang

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
      Jan 2, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Tried Fu River on Carling - not worth the trip - we must meet in January for some nibbles ;-p

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Ken, xie xie for visiting my Westlake Village pages. Breaking bread with you in Ottawa would be nice. Maybe in May. Do you know of the old Golden Palace in Ottawa? Enjoyed Chicken so gai there. Cannot find it in my area. lol

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
      May 18, 2013 at 4:18 AM

oh yes, Urologist gave a a reasonably clean bill of health, even arranged a wine tasting of 7 under $20 SAFrican cape wines - i'll message you the wines tasted ;-)))

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
      May 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Great news Ken. Best of health to you. :-)

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Deli restaurant tips! Happy birthday to you and like a Chinese pot of teah: unending best wishes!

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Ken, ur page is with full of useful tips and nice photos.Bora

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Hi Ken - Lovely tour of Ottawa w/you - your photo of fall is really great!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Good that Ottawa has so many biking routes, and a place to hire a bicycle near the Chateau Laurier Hotel. Also I think I would like the Canadian Canoe Museum, since I used to do a lot of canoeing when I was younger.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Hi Ken, thanks for stopping by my Pamplona page. I hope you have a great experience doing the Camino. Karl

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Excellent page about your home-city! Thank you for sharing!

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2008 at 9:50 AM

Hi Ken and tx for visits. Chopsticks or bagels (or both), I'll definitely say Hi properly next time I'm in Ottawa. Cheers, John.

• egonwegh's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2007 at 6:59 AM

Hi - and thanks for visiting my pages. Yep, we're still around and we still have plans ; J. and I would like to visit Berlin and Norway in the near future (2007/08) ...

kenHuocj

“What is essential is invisible to the eye - A de Saint-Exupery”

Badges & Stats in Ottawa