"Birthdays, Elections , Harvesting" Ottawa by kenHuocj
Ottawa Travel Guide: 1,820 reviews and 4,524 photos
Oscar Peterson the famed Jazz Pianist born in Montreal is aptly recognised in the National Capital Region a few steps fro Parliament . For busriders on the Transit System along Albert at Elgin, i.e. SW corner of NAC- National Art Centre, sun or snow the man is there in front pf his piano, it is said to be the most photographed sculpture by tourists.
Until the LRT officially opens in 2018, i , for one, will enjoy waving to him or hum his Hymm to Freedom as the bus passes by.
Hidden for days until June 30th, 2010 when Queen Elizabeth II Unveiled the masterpiece
Paul Lauzo's Blog with You Tube links of the free concert outdoors has many photos but i too will have a review
It has been announced, the leaders are in their buses rolling across the country canvassing for votes,
my expectations, a minority Government. the world economy is so unstable, the elecetorate will not want a majority government at this stage.
. . . . . . . . .
With the National Parliament in this city, we have most countries with seats in the United Nations represented here, I am contemplating a travelogue of the different Embassy/High Commissions Buildings which are not as spectacular in other cities, but many are grand old residences of Ottawa in years gone by.
PM Harper's head tax apology on behalf of the Government
thanks to our Member of Parliament i was able to be present with a few head tax payers, their families and off spring at a historic closing speech in the House of Commons;
Having been exposed ,directly to Legislated Discrimination in the southern hemisphere before coming to Canada; I feel for those who were more emotionally moved.
The Last ceremonial Spike of the Railway was brought to Ottawa by Ralph Lung Kee Lee, 106
I was in Kitchener ON when over the CBC News on computer did we hear about the Shooting at the National War Memorial, followed by the gunman making his way into the Lobby of Parliament , where he was killed.
Interactive timeline from Macleans Magazine online
The double shooting kept most Canadians on tenterhooks following the news, as was the world media.
- Pros:a city of museums, greenery and more, friendly too
- Cons:always hoping for Political maturity and less partisan governing
- In a nutshell:A MUST visit for all Canadians and visitors
October 19, 2015, Liberal Party won , new Prime Minster is Justin Trudeau. November 4 th, the Governor General, who is... more travel advice
Orleans and Ottawa has been waiting for quite a few years from the GTA food chain to arrive, the sign has been up and... more travel advice
- See All Critters, Rocks and Old Bones
- See All Decadent desserts
- See All Light Rapid Transport & Tunnel
- See All Rugby @ Twin Elms Park
- See All Airport & Bus Service
kenHuocj's Related Pages
Ottawa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CANADA - OTTAWA"
- "My Home town.....a work in progress : o ]"
- "O t t a w a"
- "Definitely A Tale Of Two Cities!!"
- "Ottawa, Ontario! The Canadian Capital!"
- "The capital city of Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ottawa
- Hotels in Ottawa
- Transportation in Ottawa
- Nightlife in Ottawa
- Restaurants in Ottawa
- Shopping in Ottawa
- Warnings and Dangers in Ottawa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ottawa
- 60 Reviews
- 185 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 166 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Ottawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ottawa
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: All Blacks legend"
- Commented on one of kenHuocj's Ottawa tips
- Wrote a Review After the Federal Elections, a new Prime Minister about Capital of Canada in Ottawa Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Food Trucks & wagons"
- updated a Ottawa Travel Page "Birthdays, Elections , Harvesting"
- Uploaded a Video to Ottawa
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos, 6 travelogues
- Orleans Intro, 28 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 36 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pretoria Intro, 39 reviews, 84 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 35 reviews, 85 photos, 7 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 27 reviews, 86 photos, 6 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 11 reviews, 73 photos, 6 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues