"the Big Apple - bigger BUT ......." New York City by kenHuocj
New York City Travel Guide: 15,933 reviews and 32,083 photos
managed to get a glimpse of Manhattan Skyline from the highway en route to South River NJ,
reminded me of a drive into NYC from Cincinnatti way back, the setting sun setting the syline aglow with oranges, reds and gold.....
managed to quickly stroll through Grand Central and my Favourite Chrysler Building Lobby....
of course Mott St off Canal,
the latter was a disappointment, tacky and such a contrast to the park and 5th ave area...
FOOD at the Won Ton Den in Mott excellent. average on the pocket, $32 for 5 adults with an extra dish for all to share....
Bric a Brac and real or pseudo artifacts plenty, interesting to see how mass production and art changes...
the Yee Hing Brown and purple clay teapots are now selling for 30-90 us$ because it it a little more artistically made with the makers seal on the base .....
....compared to the seventies when they were available for a dollar a piece....
such is the realities of the Open Market Capitalistic system of demand and production
FYI Lucky World Eatery
37 E. 29th St. New York,
Phone: (212) 686-9691
Price: $2-$3.95, Appetizers; $6-$11, Entrees.
... and more about my fleeting visit once phots are scanned ;-)))
I was at home, and courtesy of TV was able to share the many nuances and emotions of a day we never shall forget.
as i have never seen the WTC close up, i regularly search for new views, comments and url.s
the latest I have discovered has amazing photos www. hereisnewyork.org
Michael Shulan is founder and writer of Images of Democracy
PHOTOGRAPHS BY SEAN HEMMERLE/CONTACT
SEPT. 11, 2001: Promenade, Jersey City | JULY 8, 2002: Promenade, Jersey City
>>whilst the following may not appear to be directly related to NYC and 9/11
>> all of us in the global village of instant communication and global travel at the click of a button - even bid brother watching and listening to what we are doing from way above the clouds
>> we cannot ignore the realities of Geo-politics nor the Environemental / sustainable development in South Africa
>> the sanctimonious finger pointing, the denials and accusations all require us to travel more - - personally or virtually,
>>to be able to gauge for ourselves the rights and wrongs of the paths we shall tread in the future
>>most important, how shall we as individuals , do, say, influence others and above all oursleves to make this fragile planet earth and its competing and greedy homo sapiens from destroying it's own home and resources
- Pros:a huge diverse city - country, offering much to enjoy. do & see
- Cons:for may visiting USA, the Strong usd is a hinernace
- In a nutshell:ready for a visit anytime, and never BORED ! ! !
Brooke Astor, 105, First Lady of Philanthropy, Dies from NY Times "Remembering Brooke Astor" . . . Mayor Bloomberg calls... more travel advice
whenever we read about the NYC World Trade Centre, the mind whirls into action, I have been surfing Pace Imagings... more travel advice
kenHuocj's Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "Oh, how I want to be a part of it!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 9 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 66 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Birthdays alerts."
- Commented on one of thinking's New York City travelogues
- Uploaded a Photo to "I once spent night/s in the..."
- Wrote a Review Tipping ~ Brooke Astor's Philanthropic Style about Tipping in New York City Local Customs
- updated a New York City Travel Page "the Big Apple - bigger BUT ......."
Photos in New York CitySee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 61 reviews, 188 photos, 6 travelogues
- Orleans Intro, 28 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 36 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pretoria Intro, 40 reviews, 87 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 35 reviews, 86 photos, 7 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 27 reviews, 86 photos, 6 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 11 reviews, 73 photos, 6 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues