"after 9 years ~ oops 40 [?] years" Singapore by kenHuocj

Singapore Travel Guide: 11,464 reviews and 26,731 photos

FAT is not obesity - it's to prosper moneywise

all who know S E Asia area know that apart from Durians, Laksa, Char Kway Teow and of course
SATAY will be dictated by the taste buds, nose and what others recommend as the best eatery, better still Hawker Stall
this is my photo, was caught in action by u know WHO, see my restaurant pages

i thought that was my "private eatery "

but being guided through the "durian" concert hall complex, my eye caught this taseful sign; missed out on the crocekry setting, was later able to enjoy a meal at their Keppel Club Kippo
www.tunglok.com not for the poor in pocket

like Singapore cuisine, the pages are to be revised, somewhat fusion style, so hope you'll wade, stroll, jump through the fifty {?} odd photos and comments for an insight into it's humble mind ;-)))

SINGAPURA - 39 years young & Vibrant ! ! !

Nine [ 9] /Guwh lah i.e enoght , or Tiered Lah !

so i have kept it to nine there is more in the travelogue pages

> > > The Great Singapore Tale By Joshua Lye http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/mnt/html/webspecial/nday2002/

IN SPITE of the grumbling, complaining and muttering that Singaporeans all participate in at one time or another, there is still a host of reasons for us to be proud of calling this land our home.

Now that Singapore turns 37, The Straits Times Interactive gives you 37 tongue-in-cheek reasons why Singaporeans are proud to sing Majulah Singapura, pack the National Stadium to cheer the Lions on and attend the National Day Parade year after year.

1. We are identified easily. Singlish, BCG marks, shopping mania and an obsession with buffets make it easy to spot a fellow Singaporean anywhere in the world.

'The best thing about being Singaporean is that it's okay to be rojak and have friends talk to me in Singlish.' - Entertainer Najip Ali

2. Your Secondary 2 bad hair day, bad skin year and 'duh look' picture is etched permanently on a little piece of pink plastic -- a reminder to be grateful that you do not look that way anymore.

3. Char Kway Teow. Mmmmmmmm.

4. Best/most/first in the world. Any category. Port, airport, ERP, COE...

'Look at our airport man! Every time I touch down in Singapore, I'm so proud to be a Singaporean.' - Corporate relations executive Eileen Chua

5. Singapore Sling. Even if you think it tastes terrible, hey, it's famous.

6. Summer all year round. Sure, the beaches aren't quite Club Med standard, but you save on winter clothes big time.

'Sudden hailstorms and snowfalls are not problems. My son, who is studying in New York, complains of the weather there all the time.' - Housewife Tay Yee Hui.

7. Serious rojak. Your father could be British, mother, Indian, spouse, Chinese and you have no problem eating rendang burgers and ice cream with bread.

8. Customs officers in other parts of the world automatically assume you're not carrying drugs.

9. Chewing gum? What's that?

• Pros:on the Equator , green lush and dynamic only 255 sq miles i. 20 x 40 miles
  • Cons:congested, have extra dollars, time despite the
  • In a nutshell:but it is not always expensive, the best VT GUIDES ! ! !
  • Last visit to Singapore: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 11, 2005

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Nice page Ken, brought back some very good memories ;-)

• yeah_baby's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2006 at 1:04 PM

nice tips Ken! Enjoyed my 3 day stay in singapore altho still found abit expensive. Hope you are well, take care, Thess

• socrates_07's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2005 at 5:56 AM

I really become hungry when I read about dishes like nasi padang, satay, laksa... must be very delicious!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2005 at 5:46 AM

Love the variety of cuisines in Singapore... good recommendations. I definitely spent in Singapore when I was living there.

• cheapskate's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2005 at 6:42 AM

Happy Lunar New Year to you! Having fun? Gong hei fat choy!

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2004 at 1:04 AM

Thanks to visiting my page, Ken :) Malacca is truely hot but worth to visit. I'm fallin' in love with this cradle of Malaysia!!!

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2003 at 4:21 AM

Nice page about Singapre, seems a great place.

• dlandt's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2003 at 9:57 PM

I wish I would have seen this city in more depth, curse of being a sailor I guess.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2003 at 5:14 AM

Great page!! Beautiful photos & tips! Love to try a real Singapore Sling! Thanks :-)

• Nobbe's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2003 at 7:23 AM

Cool Singapore page!!

kenHuocj

“What is essential is invisible to the eye - A de Saint-Exupery”

Badges & Stats in Singapore

Have you been to Singapore?