"MACAU - Portugal in the Far East" Macao by kenHuocj

Macao Travel Guide: 1,838 reviews and 5,621 photos

Having been regular visitors to Lourenco Marques in Mocambique a.k.a. Portuguese East Africa;
my opportunity eventually arrived, to accompany my Mother on one of her Bric-a-Brac / antique jaunts.

From Kong Kong by hydrofoil, skimming over the waters just south of the Pearl River Delta, till arrival at the jetty when day long visa are issued.

A few visits, each with twists of curiosity to be covered under the travelogue section.

• Intro Written Sep 10, 2002

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Hi Ken- Hope your Mom found what she was looking for! Did you go to Casino? Nice page here with good photos

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2006 at 9:11 AM

thanks to visit my burma pages, ken :) yes, that's real jeep with too many people on board!!! but nice locals and customs there. enjoy so much my visit!!

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2004 at 9:39 AM

I've got to go to that Flea Market! Thanks for the good Macau tips. I like the Chinese egg tarts too; they always taste better in Macau.

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2004 at 1:52 PM

I'd love to go there!

• syllybabe's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2003 at 11:56 AM

So many interesting finds if you take the time to browse. I found some lovely antique porcelain here but the memories...priceless!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2003 at 4:41 AM

Macao sounds quite interesting! I hope to give it a visit someday! Nice Page!

• Feb 6, 2003 at 12:05 PM

Macao must be lovely! Till now i didn't manage to go there - but thanks for your infos, they might be of help! :-)

• seagoingJLW's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2003 at 8:04 AM

You have some very interesting information.

• globerover's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2002 at 6:05 AM

nice tips and pics from a place I always wanted to go, but never managed to get a seat on the boat when I was in Hongkong

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2002 at 2:28 PM

Very interesting page, Ken, but shopping - Oh no I never shop! :)

kenHuocj

“What is essential is invisible to the eye - A de Saint-Exupery”

Badges & Stats in Macao