"Memories of Nepal" Nepal by kenHuocj
Nepal Travel Guide: 3,971 reviews and 10,700 photos
Sherpa Tenzing scaled the 29,028 ft peak with Hillary on May 29, 1953, just days before the Queen's coronation.
>>Everest hero 'unfairly treated'
The grandson of Sherpa Tenzing Norgay, Tashi Tenzing said:
"My grandfather did not get the recognition he deserved.
"He should have been knighted by the Queen for the achievement, along with Hillary and Hunt,
"It was not fair. If the Queen had knighted my grandfather it would have been a nice gesture.
"Without him, Hillary would never have reached the summit."
souce : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/england/london/2936668.stm
>>Hillary laments Everest changes
The first man to conquer Everest 50 years ago has said many modern climbers do not subscribe to the true philosophy of mountaineering.
Speaking to the BBC, Sir Edmund Hillary criticised many commercial climbers today who pay large sums of money to be helped to the top of the world's highest peak.
source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/2938596.stm
A week long Celebration in Katmandhu
and 29th May marks the 50th anniversary of the first successful ascent of Mount Everest by Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay.
Sir Chris Bonington, will be taking your questions in a special phone-in programme broadcast on BBC News Online and BBC World Service. log onto www.bbc.com
and have you read the book on his climb, i have ;-)))
It's a long time back,
but memories remain vivid and fresh.
To all VT Friends for kickking a...
here goes the void space fillerup attempts....
- Pros:for thin air
- Cons:do not visit often enough
- In a nutshell:a small country with huge mountains created by continental shifts
kenHuocj's Related Pages
Nepal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Love Affair with Nepal"
- "The Himalayan Kingdom"
- "Namaste, Naya Nepal!"
- "..dramatic nepal.."
- "Nepal, A country I have to visit again : and I did"
- "Nepal, Culture & Trekking"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nepal
- Hotels in Nepal
- Transportation in Nepal
- Nightlife in Nepal
- Restaurants in Nepal
- Shopping in Nepal
- Warnings and Dangers in Nepal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nepal
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Nepal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nepal
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 50 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 33 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
- Pretoria Intro, 38 reviews, 76 photos, 6 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 31 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 6 travelogues
- Orleans Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canada Intro, 10 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 19 reviews, 60 photos, 7 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cederberg Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue