"On being CANADIAN" Canada by kenHuocj
Canada Travel Guide: 39,598 reviews and 90,852 photos
In Flanders Fields
by Lt. Col. John McCrae, M.D. of the Canadian Army
was written on May 3, 1915 and published in Punch Magazine
In Flanders Fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
Having seen Mt Everst from Air Nepal's Dakota in the mid 70s, \
being able to be waestruck by Tensing and
"Meagan McGrath, 29, was scaling down the world's highest mountain on May 21 when she came across Nepalese climber Usha Bista."
"I am indebted to these people for life," Bista said Sunday,"
Since April 2002 - Mt Kilamanjaro in Africa till
Mt. Everest - Nepal (tallest in world) - May, 2007 - 8,848 metres (29,028 feet) Canadian heroine and climber from Sudbury , a Captain in the Canadian Air Force, an aerospace engineer, works at the Air Force Experimentation Centre in Ottawa achieved the Seven Summits
On Monday 5.26th in Katmandu, where she was honored by the president of the Nepal Mountaineering Association, Ang Tshering, who called her a hero for saving Bista's life. She was given bouquets and yellow scarfs used for special occasions.
"I am indebted to these people for life. I can't believe the love and concern they showed to rescue me in spite of such a difficult situation," Bista said.
a journalist born in Haiti has been appointed 27th Governor General of Canada, to take office on October 1st, 2005.
Mixed reaction both positive and negative. Despite being a multi-awards winning journalist, i was surprised that she did not speak so much towards Canadians as to neeting the needs of south nations
she will have to satisfy her critics as to whether she is able to serve to needs of majority of Canada's diverse population and serve Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- Pros:Courageous adventurous People , non racial, many ethnics
- Cons:huge distances and extreme climates
- In a nutshell:a GREAT country to live and belong to ;-))) to Travel too
Visit the sugar shacks, walk the paths of the heritage maple forest, taffy tasting, visit the Maple production unit,... more travel advice
Ottawa Senators are now the only Canadian team left amongst the four finalist for the stanley Cup, which all started in... more travel advice
kenHuocj's Related Pages
Canada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Canada - So much to do, so little time"
- "8000 km Coast-to-Coast (5000 miles)"
- "Canada..... from coast to coast"
- "Canada coast to coast tour"
- "PLEASURE IN CANADIAN WATERS!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canada
- Hotels in Canada
- Transportation in Canada
- Nightlife in Canada
- Restaurants in Canada
- Shopping in Canada
- Warnings and Dangers in Canada
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Canada
- 150 Reviews
- 438 Photos
- 25 Forum posts
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Canada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canada
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 46 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 33 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
- Pretoria Intro, 37 reviews, 76 photos, 6 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 19 reviews, 60 photos, 7 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 18 reviews, 59 photos, 6 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 8 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Orleans Intro, 19 reviews, 56 photos
- Cederberg Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Africa Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (148)
Top Canada hotels
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Montreal Hotels
- 3641 Reviews - 6786 Photos
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- 1437 Reviews - 3574 Photos
- Vancouver Hotels
- 3950 Reviews - 8214 Photos
- Ottawa Hotels
- 1801 Reviews - 4417 Photos
- Edmonton Hotels
- 588 Reviews - 909 Photos
- Winnipeg Hotels
- 384 Reviews - 539 Photos
- St. John's Hotels
- 335 Reviews - 811 Photos
- Halifax Hotels
- 984 Reviews - 1888 Photos
- Victoria Hotels
- 1620 Reviews - 3357 Photos
- Mont-Tremblant Hotels
- 130 Reviews - 319 Photos
- Banff Hotels
- 459 Reviews - 950 Photos
- Quebec Hotels
- 1534 Reviews - 3300 Photos
- Calgary Hotels
- 1050 Reviews - 1852 Photos
- Windsor Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 962 Photos