Cederberg Things to Do Tips by kenHuocj
Cederberg Things to Do: 26 reviews and 43 photos
Entrance to Stadsaal and Rock Painting
in a small area of approximately 1 square kilometer, Google Map
Natures winds and rain has over the aeons, sculptured the rocks into the most amazing multi coloured rock sculptures, one can spend a few minutes of days , i wish i had the opportunity to spend a few sunsets in the area, as the rocks, I am sure will reflect light with much artistic hues.
The rock art in this area is minimal, but a fine example
Obtained in 1995 with the assistance of the World Wide Fund for Nature (SA), this rugged nature reserve includes the famous Stadsaal rock formations and some excellent examples of San rock art.
A permit with lock combination will be issued for the gate at the entrance to the caves.
Cost: R18-00 per adult,
Directions: From Cederberg Cellars, On the road towards Ceres, 8 km from Dwarsrivier (Cederberg Cellar WInery ), a Nature Conservation sign indicates the Stadsaal Caves. Take the turn-off, enter through the gate and drive in to see Stadsaal
Other Contact: http://www.capenature.co.za/rese
this is where the hike begins, phots taken at end
pay your entrance fee at Cederberg Private Wine Cellars, the Nieuwoudts own the land
Take plenty water, be fit for a good 8 hour hike, guide can be arranged with the Cederberg forest conservancy
More Reviews (8)
- See All Coping with too many Digital Photos
- Strong knees and stamina needed
- Cedeberg - South Africa’s Highest Winery
- Get a local Guide
kenHuocj's Related Pages
Cederberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kenhuocj made it , but not up to the Wolfberg Arch"
- "Spectacular beyond words!"
- "Wonderful isolation!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cederberg
- Hotels in Cederberg
- Transportation in Cederberg
- Nightlife in Cederberg
- Restaurants in Cederberg
- Warnings and Dangers in Cederberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cederberg
- 10 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Cederberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cederberg
- Posted in Travel Pelee Island Forum "Re: Accommodations"
- Commented on one of kenHuocj's Cederberg travel pages
- updated a Cederberg Travel Page "Kenhuocj made it , but not up to the Wolfberg Arch"
- Wrote a Review Coping with too many Digital Photos in Cederberg Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Coping with too many Digital Photos"
Photos in CederbergSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 33 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
- Pretoria Intro, 38 reviews, 76 photos, 6 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 31 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 6 travelogues
- Orleans Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canada Intro, 10 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 19 reviews, 60 photos, 7 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cederberg Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue