"a short drive from Cape Town is PAARL" Top 5 Page for this destination Paarl by kenHuocj
Paarl Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 87 photos
50 Kms NE of Cape Town, on the NI to the hinterland,
this is the base of KWV a coop that went semi-private.
In days past, this was the label that represented South African Wines, but things have changed.
despite Roodeberg and other, their newer labeld ROEBRT's Rock is EXCELLENT value for money.
imposing estate of familiar landmark of a fine blender of wines for the masses, in my days of youth and folly.
the original Noble Late Harvest producers,
and of course, their CAB, Pinotage
and eminence amongst many
- Pros:this is wineland, foodland & Brandyland, - Senery & people too
- Cons:never enough time to cisit all the wineries and taste good food.
- In a nutshell:A destination in itself
I was lucky enough to have eaten at the restaurant spent a few nights at the Guest House, dined in their manor... more travel advice
keep space for the value for money wines Local styles means buy them herem, blend in with the crowds PROHEP for the... more travel advice
kenHuocj's Related Pages
Paarl Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paarl ( meaning pearl)"
- "Plenty to like about the Pearl of the Winelands"
- "a short drive from Cape Town is PAARL"
- "Het Taalmonument (The language monument)"
- "Paarl and the Winelands"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paarl
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Paarl?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paarl
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 64 reviews, 213 photos, 9 travelogues
- Orleans Intro, 29 reviews, 114 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 36 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pretoria Intro, 40 reviews, 87 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 35 reviews, 86 photos, 7 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 27 reviews, 86 photos, 6 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 11 reviews, 73 photos, 8 travelogues
- Vancouver 12 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos, 6 travelogues