"Dream About Senna at Utsunomiya" Utsunomiya by ukirsari

Utsunomiya Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 61 photos

First day of autumn

Visited Utsunomiya several years ago, invited by Honda Corp., Japan. I love this city, because the views are so beautiful. Especially in the first day of autumn. The trees still green, but several became gold. The golden leaves in my heart :)
And I remember Robert Frost's poem;

*Nothing Gold Can Stay*
~ Nature first green is gold
Her harder hue to hold
Her early leaves a flower
But it's only for an hour
Then leaf subside by leaf
So Eden sank to grief
So dawn goes dawn today
Nothing gold can stay ~

Beloved Senninha

Then, later about 'Nothing gold can stay' ... I go to Twin Ring Motegi circuit. A secluded place nearby Yanagawa river. And I met the shadow of Ayrton Senna there! Senna passed away at May 1st, 1994 after got a heavy crashed in Tamburello corner, F1 GP of San Marino. But his name still remind in the hearts of F1 fans nowadays, also for Honda people. And I dedicated this page to the great Senninha, Ayrton Senna da Silva.

The Night Ayrton Senna Passed Away ...

I see the TV broadcast and was shocked
I rushed right over to the Aoyama Welcome Plaza Eventhough it was late at night, there were already many fans gathered outside.
Because his favorite car [Ayrton's] was still here. I quickly got to the terrace and let in the people who had gathered then the car was covered with bouquettes of flowers.
Of course Ayrton has no longer driving our cars, but I still open this building for Ayrton and his fans.
~ Soichiro Honda --founding father of Honda Motor Company-- after Senninha got crashed in San Marino GP 1994 ~

• In a nutshell:Lush city with nice weather
  • Last visit to Utsunomiya: Oct 1999
  • Intro Updated Feb 18, 2004

ukirsari

“life is a neverending journey @ukirsariabroad ”

Badges & Stats in Utsunomiya

Have you been to Utsunomiya?

Latest Activity in Utsunomiya