"Sawasdee, @rie!" Thailand by ukirsari
Thailand Travel Guide: 31,694 reviews and 81,374 photos
Hey, there's nothing more special than getting warm welcome in unique way. I know this is very coincidence, but make me smile eveytime I visit Thailand --especially Bangkok, the capital city.
On one skytrain (BTS, Bangkok Train Skyline) station, I read this name "ARI". My given name is "ukirsari" which is taken from Sanskrit lingo and my nickname is "arie" (Dutch) but also sometimes written as "ari" (Indonesian). So, for me it's a nice coincidence. Plus the name of the street nearby here too; Soi Ari. It's like a warm welcome, special "sawasdee" for me, like "Hello, @rie. You’re most welcome to Thailand (Bangkok)!"
I already found my name presented at Jogjakarta (small village called Ukirsari), then a material shop at Bali (UD. Ukirsari) --both of them are in my country. And this is the third time I found. Hoping I will be back again in the future.
Before my trip to Bangkok at August 2003, my last visit on Siam (the ancient name of Thailand in my lingo) was on August 2002 in duty of Asian Formula of Speed (AFOS). I found busy Bangkok, wet track on Prince Bira's International circuit also hot-sunny days on Pattaya. I love to be here, especially taking pictures whenever Meckel Ali --one of Indonesia's talented driver— won the 1st podium of Asian Formula 2002. It's really a tough race after he lost his position on Race 1 because the tie-rod has broken. Mai pen rai (never mind in Thai lingo), Meckel. You did your best!
This country has a special relationship with Indonesia in the ancient time. When Prime Minister Gajah Mada of Majapahit and Admiral Nala visit Thailand and called this country as Siam by their inscriptions at my country.
Thai kingdom was established in 1238 AD and the Golden Age in two centuries known as Sukhothai period. Theravada Buddhism was expanded in this empire. Among south east Asia neighbours, Thai kingdom was the only one which not colonized by European powers.
Then the modern Thai begins at 1932, by coalition of military and elected officials in a bloodless revolution. And at 1939, the name of the country “Siam” changed to “Thailand”. King Rama IX is the most popular in the monarchy and becomes beloved one by everyone.
- In a nutshell:The ancient ruins at Thailand make me breathless :)
Thailand has so many beaches and island (Ko). Like Pattaya beach, Jomtien beach, Phuket, Ko Samui, Ko Phangan, etc. more travel advice
Thailand has beer (Singha Beer) and supplement drink (Kratingdaeng) which are famous world-wide. more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Thailand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Thailand - BpraThetThai"
- "Beautiful Thailand!!"
- "Siam - Land of the Smiles"
- "*The Land of Smiles"
- "but where is your soul?"
- "A Different Thailand - The Non-Standard Places"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thailand
- Hotels in Thailand
- Transportation in Thailand
- Nightlife in Thailand
- Restaurants in Thailand
- Shopping in Thailand
- Warnings and Dangers in Thailand
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thailand
- 68 Reviews
- 117 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Thailand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thailand
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos