"Bumi Sriwijaya" South Sumatra Province by ukirsari

South Sumatra Province Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 173 photos

Beautiful pattern of Paddy Fields

Mostly, my destination to Sumatera is about working. But since I addresses myself as nature lover, traveler and hmmm always have curiousity about new places, this island Sumatera and especially Province Sumatera Selatan becomes a place to be explored. One thing that I feel amazing before landed at Sumatera Selatan (Palembang) is ... the pattern of paddy fields. Very different comparing with the fields in Java. Nice with the colors gradation --not even green but also brown :) Love to be here!!!

Rule number 1:never forget to whom you're sharing

In Sumatera Selatan, I visit Palembang, Prabumulih, Baturaja and Ranau Lake (2003) and Lampung and Krakatau (1999). Thanks that I got so many nice memories here. From the taxi drivers 'till making new friendships. What a life .... life is too short and I want to be happy as best as I can :) Here my picture with my dear fellow journo (journalist) Panji Maulana, Eddy 'the oilman from Gulf' and Yoga 'Oh itu elo' from Pelita Harapan University. Welcome to the jungle of the off-road event called "Ranau Lake Off-road Challenge", Buddies :)
As an "open-air" and outdoor activity with several addition like survival things, stay-overnight in the forest, I like with our unwritten rule number 1: never forget to whom you're sharing your tent, sleeping bag and food. Sometimes, friendship sense and togetherness appears in unpredictable case. Ask Panji or Eddy about that. Is it true, Guys? And Yoga, as the youngest among us ... might be, hopefully yes will agree also. How 'bout that, Teng? (Teng just like 'Buddy' in his lingo).
* More detail about Ranau, is available in my Danau Ranau page, then added with Baturaja page. About Palembang I put into my Palembang page and about Lampung in my Lampung page. Thanks!

• In a nutshell:Hot in daylights, cool in the nightfall :)
  • Last visit to South Sumatra Province: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 29, 2003

ukirsari

“life is a neverending journey @ukirsariabroad ”

Badges & Stats in South Sumatra Province

Have you been to South Sumatra Province?

Latest Activity in South Sumatra Province