"el karnak .... mish mumkin ya habibi!" Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak by ukirsari

Al Karnak Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 549 photos

our ‘opening’ karnak visit is beyond imagination! meet the trafficker … oh so mish mumkin! but thank god since it’s nothing compared to the karnak’s historical site itself. the hypostyle hall so breathtaking, as the huge “war-machine monuments” of pharaoh ramses ii. and the sphinxes ram-headed along the pavilion looks greeting us … they must be there long long time ago and already greetings to the guests since the middle kingdom of egypt era.

we are holding their hands whenever an egyptian guy greetings them before the ticket box of karnak temple.
“hello, guys!” starting conversation from the egyptian.
“oh, hi” from my sweetheart and “assalaam-mualekum!” added from my side.
“guys, do you want to have hashish or cannabis?”
“huhhhhhhh???!!!” we replied surprisingly. “oh, do we look that stupid or innocent so he offer us this weird souvenir?” i am asking to my sweetheart and he can not stop his laugh.
“oh, habibi [oh my dear, my beloved ones],” i shout angrily to the ‘souvenir’ seller. “mish mumkin!!!” [that’s impossible].

hypostyle halls

for me, the most beautiful scene from el karnak temple is the hypostyle halls. but not to be missed also the avenue of ram headed sphinxies, the sacred lake and the gigantic king ramses II statues. compared to luxor temple which is more beautiful during the light show, i like el karnak with daylight.

• In a nutshell:another great destination next to luxor
  • Last visit to Al Karnak: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 16, 2008

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2006 at 6:27 PM

Its quite a place, just watch out for them habibis... ;o))))

• yellowbell's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2006 at 10:15 PM

Hi @rie, so that's the bf you're planning to bring to Vigan. I really love those hieroglyphs. Gosh, you really like ancient temples!

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2005 at 2:57 AM

Nice page! We were there in October... I loved Egypt, it's such an amazing place! :)

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2005 at 4:19 PM

It must be an amazing experience to see those ancient temples. I hope to go to Egypt someday.

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2005 at 2:14 PM

Hi @rie! Looks like you two had a fun time!

• coceng's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2005 at 9:06 AM

Hi Ukirsari, gambar-gambar di sini buat diri ini enggak lupa akan diri ini jugak pernah ke situk deh...:) Coba belajar Bahasa Indonesia lo...:) Regards.

ukirsari

“life is a neverending journey @ukirsariabroad ”

Badges & Stats in Al Karnak

Have you been to Al Karnak?

Latest Activity in Al Karnak