"el karnak .... mish mumkin ya habibi!" Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak by ukirsari
Al Karnak Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 549 photos
our ‘opening’ karnak visit is beyond imagination! meet the trafficker … oh so mish mumkin! but thank god since it’s nothing compared to the karnak’s historical site itself. the hypostyle hall so breathtaking, as the huge “war-machine monuments” of pharaoh ramses ii. and the sphinxes ram-headed along the pavilion looks greeting us … they must be there long long time ago and already greetings to the guests since the middle kingdom of egypt era.
we are holding their hands whenever an egyptian guy greetings them before the ticket box of karnak temple.
“hello, guys!” starting conversation from the egyptian.
“oh, hi” from my sweetheart and “assalaam-mualekum!” added from my side.
“guys, do you want to have hashish or cannabis?”
“huhhhhhhh???!!!” we replied surprisingly. “oh, do we look that stupid or innocent so he offer us this weird souvenir?” i am asking to my sweetheart and he can not stop his laugh.
“oh, habibi [oh my dear, my beloved ones],” i shout angrily to the ‘souvenir’ seller. “mish mumkin!!!” [that’s impossible].
for me, the most beautiful scene from el karnak temple is the hypostyle halls. but not to be missed also the avenue of ram headed sphinxies, the sacred lake and the gigantic king ramses II statues. compared to luxor temple which is more beautiful during the light show, i like el karnak with daylight.
- In a nutshell:another great destination next to luxor
karnak is not so far from luxor. just 3 km away. so, choose a cab will not be expensive. approximately LE30 per trip. more travel advice
i found my fave god osiris here, as nick found his fave god horus. this section is unexplored --as other sections-- but... more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Al Karnak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Christmas in Karnak"
- "el karnak .... mish mumkin ya habibi!"
- "Jumping Around Karnak!"
- "Revisiting Luxor and Karnak"
- "the largest temple complex ever built"
- "Al Karnak: the location of a gorgeous temple"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Al Karnak
- Hotels in Al Karnak
- Transportation in Al Karnak
- Restaurants in Al Karnak
- Warnings and Dangers in Al Karnak
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Al Karnak
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Al Karnak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Al Karnak
Photos in Al KarnakSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos