"the unforgotable pinnacles" Top 5 Page for this destination Cervantes by ukirsari
Cervantes Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 192 photos
standing there by the middle of west australian desert. walking amongst the gigantic limestone pillars. like an archway, a gateway to another world!
are the formations looks like moon's landscape? can be. or is there a huge graveyard with thousand tombstone? probably --even in the fact ... it's not a graveyard in there! it's eerie but breathtaking scenery in front of me.
and i am so glad to be here in the pinnacles. devils' playground. the huge graveyard. the moon's landscape. name it .... just simply beautiful, from dawn to dusk.
my memorable desert visit, after cycling to luxor el mohareb desert in 2005 with moj lyubimij nicholas.
walking and keep on walking. picturing and picturing once more time. companied by flies sometimes and somehow.
wondering about a dead-end in this huge desert. seems there's no end. and becomes more and more interesting, every time i go further afield.
there's 2 beaches and 1 lake to be visited. but for me, the pinnacles steal my heart since the first time i was there!
leaving busy towns and find the pathway to the heart of the desert. i found this experience is so relaxing and lots of memories. because of the limestone formations, the winds blowing, the mills and tranquility of this place.
some resources telling the pinnacles can be so touristy. but how lucky i was .... just our bus here with 14 people on board. so ... can be enjoyed by my own. cheers, honey :) [the way to say thanks in australian way. i just learn ;) ]
- In a nutshell:mixed both eerie and beautiful landscape, carry me to the moon ;)
for day trip to nambung national park, mid-size daypack with ample of water and snacks is enough. cotton tee-shirt and... more travel advice
cervantes is bloody miles away from perth. but i definitely must go to see the gorgeous limestone pillars called the... more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Cervantes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the unforgotable pinnacles"
- "Keeweechic's Cervantes"
- "Pinnacles Desert"
- "Nambung National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cervantes
- Hotels in Cervantes
- Transportation in Cervantes
- Restaurants in Cervantes
- Shopping in Cervantes
- Warnings and Dangers in Cervantes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cervantes
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Cervantes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cervantes
- updated a Cervantes Travel Page "the unforgotable pinnacles"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Do you have a travel mascot..."
- Commented on one of willy_wonka's Cervantes travel pages
- Wrote a Review comfy boots for the desert in Cervantes What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "comfy boots for the desert"
Photos in CervantesSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos