"the only benedictine abbey in australia" New Norcia by ukirsari

New Norcia Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 95 photos

dawn at new norcia

a charming old town that listed as the only monastic town and benedictine abbey in australia. lies about 133 km north of perth, new norcia just simply a jewel surrounded by the bushland.

saint gertrudes and saint ildephonsus

what i adore so much here is, the serenity of its town. charming and enchanting. with a gorgeous abbey and several religious places that can not be opened from public, except under prior permission with the monks.

happy [belated] easter everyone!

it's early morning after good friday when i have opportunity to pay a visit to this charming town. i'd just captured my step into this religious place. contemplation myself for seconds and find how serene this place is.

the monks just walking slowly into the abbey, as the choir performs beautiful religious songs. it's so peaceful inside my heart. and i pray for my beloved mum and dad. and for my beloved ones. my sibling. i feel so grateful to have all of them in my life.

tried special bread called new norcia's sourdough and companied by a cup of tea. this is new norcia. attending morning pray. had easter greetings by the monks. so lovely being here!

• In a nutshell:serene and beautiful
  • Last visit to New Norcia: Mar 2008
  • Intro Updated Apr 2, 2008

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Ah, this is funny :-) I was in the original Norcia last year, the Italian one and only now learned that there is a new Norcia as well :-) Interesting!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2008 at 12:44 AM

Too bad I missed this enchanting place during my trips to WA. Very nice page!

• cokes's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2008 at 11:52 AM

I`m sure the atmosphere here must have been nice. Being Easter and this being a religous place. I`m glad you enjoyed your time in Australia.

• Apr 2, 2008 at 1:09 AM

i really dislike when people dont respect the rules in museums/galleries and take photos, esp just for the sake of a vt page. im glad you respected the wishes arie. thats great!

ukirsari Used To Live Here!

ukirsari

“life is a neverending journey @ukirsariabroad ”

Badges & Stats in New Norcia

Have you been to New Norcia?

Latest Activity in New Norcia